• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Son or daughter go calling with you?

Started by Hawks Feather, November 19, 2006, 12:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I am looking for someone who has a son or daughter between the ages of 6 and 15 that goes calling with their dad.  If you have one in that age range let me know.

Thanks,

Jerry

FinsnFur

My 14 yr old goes with me Jerry, but he's quickly getting discouraged comparing our results to the pics Dad brought home from AZ, and TX.  :laf:

And if your gonna do what I think your gonna do.....pull eeeeeze go around me and onto one of the members with this.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Mallardsr

Daniel ,my 11 year old goes with me sometimes. Especially on short close hunts, he has issues with sitting still for long periods.I hope its just his youth. Hes 2 for 2 on bucks this year ,one more and he is done.  :highclap: Then its fur time.

centerfire_223

My son goes with me on occasion, he seems to like deer hunting better than coyote hunting. I can't really  figure that one out. Here is a picture of us from last year. He was 11 then.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

cb223

Hey Jerry,

My son Corey go's with me once in a while. It depends on where I'm going. If I am going to a quick and simple spot he likes to go. He likes calls. He has helped me help him turn a few calls for himself. We have alot of fun turning and hunting!

cb223    Chad
CHAD

fuzz624

Hey Jerry,My son is 6 years old now.I have taken him squirrel hunting but never hunting coyotes.He still has trouble with sitting still long enough to call predators.I figure it will be a couple years before he is ready.i have another son that is 15 months old.He is so mean,he could probally kill a coyote with his bare hands.Then after the kill he would have to try a taste of it.The boy will try to eat anything.

MattS

My four year daughter screams at me everytime I go hunting.  She is so mad that she doesn't get to go that she won't talk to me for hours.  She loves to go shoot bows with me.  She has a few bows herself.  I took her shooting guns a couple weeks ago and she got real bored because I wouldn't let her shoot anything.  They were all the big guns.  I have a 2 year old son that loves to walk around the house blowing my calls.  Every call I make I give to him to put threw the ropes to make sure they last.  That is quality testing.  I imagine I will start taking my oldest out next year.

desert dog

Sorry Jerry,

My kids live too far away.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Joel Hughes

Here is Lauren with our first coyote together.  She is 4 in this picture.  Sorry it's just a pup, but I wanted to get out with her before it got cold.

And this is a clip of Lauren singing on her Pink squeaker from Bearman.  She is 5 here.
http://photos.imageevent.com/hughesj23/predatorhuntingalbum/LaurenCalling02_20051015.MPG

My girls are now 3 (Lexie) and 6 (Lauren).  Lexie is chomping at the bit to go kill a coyote with me!

Joel

Bob D

Joel,
Lauren sounds pretty darn good on that call. That is pretty neat! I know that makes you proud. :highclap:
Bob

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the posts.  I am glad to see that the kids are getting out and having a good time with their dads.  My daughters were not in to hunting, but they liked to shoot.  The youngest one could usually outshoot me and all the boys that she ever dated.  I used to take her boyfriends out shooting and tell them that if they ever did anything to make me mad I would shoot and if I missed I would just give the gun to Angie for the second shot.

I have contacted a couple of you and will contact the rest as I have time.

Thanks again,

Jerry

FinsnFur

JOEL!  :yoyo: That is class "A" stuff right there.
Kudo's to you both partner.

I wish I could figure out a way to use that clip on the site here.  :eyebrownod: I loved it!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Joel Hughes

Glad ya liked it.  You're welcome to use it.  It wasn't staged whatsoever, either.  She was busy gettin' it, so I decided to take a quick video with my cheap-o digital camera.  I need to get some clips of her on her custom BradH call too.  That call sounds (and looks) awesome.

fuzz624

Joel,that is awsome.Keep it up man.That little girl could give me some lessons on calling.Im glad to see that all you guys are takeing the kids hunting with you.I havent taken my oldest coyote hunting yeat.He doesnt like to set still for long,and i dont want to burn him out.I have taken him sqiirrel hunting and he loves it.You dont have to set long to kill a squirrel.I try to keep it as action packed as possible.I figure i will start into the other types of hunting slowily so it doesnt get boring.I might try turkey hunting with him this spring.Later guys

hayzer912

My three year old son can't get enough of the calling and hunting with dad.  My 7 year old daughter hunts turkeys with me in the spring.....Awesome, awesome experience to take your little ones and inroduce them to the outdoors.

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Kelly.

In fairness to everyone, I need to ask you to remove the ad from your signature line.

As described here; Sig lines, your welcome to use your ad or logo or anything for that matter, as your avatar. But your actual signature line is limited to text to avoid slow load time in the forums, and keep the threads easier to read through.

I look forward to seeing some of your calls in the Hand Call Store.
Enjoy yourself  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

hayzer912

I apologize to everyone about the sigline mix up......I got it out of there.  Hope I didnt upset anyone.  I guess I wasnt paying attention to the rules . Wont happen again.   

Opensights

My 3 boys hunt with me everytime I go hunting. They are 14, 12 and 7. My oldest works in a local Feedyard and just bought him a Rem 22-250. Of course it's in my name. When they hear about their friends got in trouble they always say Dad I'm glad you take us hunting. I am really proud of them. We hunt Elk, Deer and varmints. The oldest 2 practice all the time on my calls. I need to get them their own.

Joel Hughes

*******UPDATE********

While my oldest was at school yesterday, I took Lexie (3 years old) on her first coyote hunt.  Gotta run right now, but I'll be back on tomorrow and post up a new thread with more pictures and a story.  She was quite excited, and me too.  Only one coyote, but I am happier with it than any 6+ coyote day.  We made 3 stands trying for Lexie's first.  This nice sized female showed up on stand number 3.

And here's a little clip off my cheapo digital camera.
http://photos.imageevent.com/hughesj23/predatorhuntingalbum/websize/LexiesCoyote2006120805.JPG

I'll be back later with more.  Hope you enjoy.

Joel

Hawks Feather

WOW!  That is great that she went calling.  Great picture.

Jerry