• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

WR/FNF PREDATOR CONTEST #1

Started by HaMeR, December 14, 2008, 10:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

WESTERN RIVERS & FINS-N-FUR.NET MP3 PREDATOR CONTEST

This contest is open to FnF members registered before 12-01-08.
Each qualifying Member will get his/her name in the hat one time only.
One name will be drawn for the winner.
Contest runs from 12:01AM on 12-15-08 thru 3-15-09 @ midnight.
Winner will be drawn on 3-18-09.
FnF Member before 12-01-08.
Predators must be called to the shot.
Predators will include Coyote, Bobcat, Red & Grey Fox, Lynx & Wolves where legal, and Raccoon.
A photo of the predator must be accompanied by a picture,, preferably hand drawn  by a 5-17 year old,, with Western Rivers & Fins & Fur.net on it. I realize this will not be easy for everybody to do. But you can have a Niece/Nephew/Grandchild/neighbors child do it for you. Anybody between 5 & 17 years old.
The photo entry needs the date on it.
The weapon used will be required to be in the photo.
The calls used will also be required.
The shooter will need to be in it as well.
Please post only your entry picture in this thread. Then post your picture & story in another thread. This should make it easier to ensure every entrant gets his/her name in the hat.
Please no photo shopping of the date or older pictures. This is supposed to be fun for everybody.

Good Luck to All & to all a Good Hunt!! 

YOTEHUNTR
topdawg
coyote101
weedwalker
nastygunz
Roundman
Frogman
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

brad9920

I guess an Old Guy like me is always late in signing up.  :shrug: :shrug:
Brad

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

brad9920

You know I will carry your gun, and drag out your dog and buy lunch just to help you  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Brad

Yotehntr

I photo-shopped my daughters pic into the 2nd pic. Not sure if that's ok.

;)
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

topdawg

here is my entry it is the first cat i have called in, it weight in a 23 pounds

the 204 i was using made one small entry and no exit it was shot a 60 yards..... and that is why i love this cal.

i am hoping to get the kids to draw out the pic to complete the entry ...i might need some one to photo shop the drawling in for me maybe
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

coyote101

Way to go topdawg!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

How about the rest of the story? Call used, terrain, etc. I would really like to get a cat.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

That's awesome topdawg  :yoyo: feel proud you deserve too.  I too would like to call in and shoot a cat someday.
I say what I think not think what I say.

topdawg

the call was a sceery Variable pitch i think .... the terrain was a partly logged ridge were i was at and the cat came from a swampy low line bottom area i was trying to do a cat in distress with the call trying to get a coyote to come in. I have been blowing a rabbit distress figured would try something different ...and i got something different go figure  :biggrin:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

coyote101

Here is my entry. Taken about 9:00 this morning. My Olympus camera will not display the date so I hand wrote it on the picture. It didn't photograph well so I included a close up of it. Yes that is coyote blood on it.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

Must have over looked these yesterday Great job topdawg! right between the eyes!  :yoyo:

Great job on the yote too coyote101! That area looks similar to the area I've been hunting!

Congrats to both of you!  :congrats:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

I just saw these.  Great job, topdawg and coyote101!   Nice pics.

Hey Pat, what call were you using?

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

weedwalker

Here's my entry. A male coyote taken with a Remington 870 12 gauge and 3" "BB" loads. I used a Pee Wee Critter Call.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

:yoyo: All right! Congrats!  hope you get second in the contest!  :roflmao:

KySongDog

You da man, Weed!    :yoyo:

Is that decoy on the stick battery operated?  Or just a visual decoy only?