• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

need some setup help

Started by bigben, November 30, 2006, 10:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I would like to get that property to but he will not give me permision.  the same guy owns the three properties below it. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jimmie in Ky

I feel your pain Ben, I have numerous places like that one myself. I get permission to the best I can and see how I can make it work .Try the guy on the otherside of him and see how or if you could work it in a downwinderly fashion. Jimmie

GAJoe

Any chance you can setup at the end of the chicken houses? Use a chicken distress with a decoy at the fence row?
That shouldn't be a stretch for the yotes.
GAJoe

bigben

allright fellas we got fresh bogies in this area again.  pink line is fresh tracks.  I did not have a lot of time to look but still wanted to get some time to look for critters with this fresh snow on the ground.  i got three sets of coyote tracks.  it snowed here yesterday around 1 and kept going to around 6ish.  just flurries really but then some wind picked up.  wind died down this morning.  blue dots are the areas that I can call.  woods included on most.  on the upper pink line there where two sets of tracks.  both heading same direction  both heading to the yellow dot.  bottom pink line is one set of tracks heading away dissapeared around the pond.  the yellow lines had a good many of critter tracks.  too many different kinds to tell if a coyote ran it or not.  on the upper pink line they did not make a circle they just split up for a while.  I imagine they came up the woods line in the field that the turkey barns where in.  how would you call this again.  given this info.  what sounds would you use.  I have only done loan howls here and have never gotten agressive.  I was thinking a highpitched sounding howler challanging em.  since there seems to be a pair of em.  the farmer has seen these guys twice this season and both times shot at them.  I was contemplating setting traps on this field again and decided against it. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jimmie in Ky

I would set up where the two sets of tracks merge there on teh point. If not there then on down in the corner where the yellow line runs into it. And most likely if hte winds were right I would choose the inside corner of hte woods anyway.

As for sounds, at this time of year my favorites are canine puppies and grey fox distress. These trigger that territorial response in all coyotes at this time of year. Jimmie

FinsnFur

I'm still looking for the yellow dot  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

sorry green dot.  never thought I was color blind

FinsnFur

I think assuming the top of that picture is North, I would try setting up in any of the blue circles I added to the pic. One spot I forgot to add would be the bend in the fence row where your pink line circles. I think that'd be a good stand too, unless it's too low to see the wood line.

Assuming that the tillable ground here is higher then the wood lines, it doesn't look like you have perfect approach areas so I'd be huggin those fence rows going in.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com