• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Predator mouth Calls??

Started by Duban, February 03, 2009, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duban

A couple of my friends and I drove over to Gander Moutain  and i found some predator mouth calls that look like turkey calls. thy are called the Sonic Dome Howler and the double howler. I was wonderin if they work affectivly or was it just a waste of my mine?

thanks for the replies

Duban

pitw

I have absolutely no idea about the calls at Gander Mountain.  I can however attest to the calls made by a lot of the guys on this site.  I know I will not be buying another call other than from these fellows that make 'em and break 'em if they aren't right[Al excepted].  If you want quaulity try these guys out if you have not already done so.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

LBLDOG

All they are is double reed turkey calls , same sounds can be done with a double reed turkey call turned upside down

nightwatchman

if you go with a custom call from guys off the forums.. you will never use any other types again... customer service if you ever have a problem is the best as well...  ive got a stand full of custom calls.. my only problem when i set out to go calling is deciding which ones im taking that day... :biggrin:

not saying those reed calls wont do the job, but the custom calls are proven... :yoyo:

Duban

i think they work pretty good but i still have to get used to them. these are my first "turkey-like" preddator calls.. the first thing i did was start off with turkey clucks and yelps because that was my first instinct.lol

Silencer

Quotethe first thing i did was start off with turkey clucks and yelps because that was my first instinct
apple dont fall too far from the tree.... :innocentwhistle:

Duban

No, no it doesnt. the other day i had a hen outside the house and i was callin her in from the bathroom.. lol

FinsnFur

Yeah, but keep in mind we've seen you on video Duban :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Duban

ok, yall havent seen my ol paa dance :D sooo i guess it doesnt fall to farr from the tree

msmith

Quote from: Duban on February 09, 2009, 07:47:12 AM
ok, yall havent seen my ol paa dance :D sooo i guess it doesnt fall to farr from the tree

OOOOOOOOO. Another dance video coming up? :innocentwhistle:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

alscalls

TRY THEM........They sound great once you have mastered them. :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

Bring em down this weekend.  We've called in 3 fox coyote huntin the last 2 nights.  Neither of us had the license but you do so I need you to shoot  :eyebrow: 
Also the coyotes at the club moved to the other mountain behind Jimmy's near the Black Kettle. 

How'd ya make out skinnin the other night ?  Did you get them front legs pulled through like I said ?

Answer your cell messages !!!

Duban

allright if i have to shooottttttt  :yoyo: well have too to goo for a bit of a walkkk then... :hahaha: feel bad for youuuuuu. yeahh we got the skin off of it it was kinda hard but i learned what we did was just cut the shoulder blade off then pull the leg out. sorry about the cell its been in some rough situations in the past week. well gotta get back to class :D

Silencer

:roflmao:  @ cuttin the shoulder entirely off then pulling the leg out...  :nono:

We called in another coyote this morning that Rich could see atop the ridge but I couldnt where I was sitting.  He didnt bring his gun, he was just calling.  That hill is loaded with em, just a matter of time when we score there. 

The fox have been red's up there.  Somehow they're managing to live amongst the coyotes. 
Still nothing's hit the bait pile, not sure they like dead calves.