• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

CLOSER.......CLOSERRRRRRRRR....

Started by nastygunz, February 15, 2009, 07:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

WELL WENT OUT ON THE ICE TODAY...BEAUTIFUL DAY...CAUGHT A FEW FISH...NOTHING MAJOR....IT WAS NICE BEING OUTDOORS...I WAS WISHING CATHRYN WAS WITH ME TO HEAR THE ICE CRUNCHING AND CRACKLING AND POPPING UNDER THE TIRES OUT ON THE LAKE....HAHA..... :biggrin:...SO TOWARDS END OF THE EVENING I HEAD ER ON IN....JOIN A GOOD MANLY BULLnuts SESSION GOING IN FULL GEAR IN THE PARKING AREA....THEN DECIDED TO HEAD HOME....TOOK A SPIN DOWN BY A HUGE CORN FIELD WHERE THE FARMER HAS BEEN DUMPING COW SHEET...WHERE I TOOK ALL THE CROW PICS THE OTHER DAY...I GLASS THE FIELD WITH MY SPOTTING SCOPE...SAME PLACE I SHOT THE COON....NOTHING.......GRAB MY SHOTGUN....CIRCE 3/1 CALL....GET IN THE LITTLE ROAD WHERE THE FARMER GOES INTO THE FIELD....BLAST SOME LOUDDDDD RABBIT SHRIEKS....GLASS AGAIN....SEE SOMETHING MOVING....HONE IN....COYOTE!!...IM LIKE HOLY HELL....I DUCK BEHIND MY ONLY COVER..A HUGE PILE OF COW CHIT...IM PEEKING OVER WITH MY CAMERA ON 12X ZOOM...I CAN SEE HIM GOOD AND POPPIN PICTURE...GETTING DARK FAST....VICIOUS WIND CUTTING RIGHT INTO ME...I WAIT TILL HE WANDERS HIS WAY DOWN THE FIELD...THEN I SQUEAK A COUPLE OF TIMES...HES ABOUT 125 YARDS OUT...HE SITS DOWN AND STARES RIGHT WHERE I AM....PERFECT .223 SHOT...IM TOTING THE MOSSBERG....HE SITS AWHILE..THEN WANDERS OFF POKING AROUND....I WAITED HOPING HE MIGHT WANDER IN RANGE....I DECIDED TO HOLD FAST AND NOT CALL AND RISK SPOOKING HIM....HE WANDERS BY AND KEEPS MOVING ACROSS THE FIELD....FIGURE ILL STAY STILL AND LET HIM GO FOR A BETTER OPPORUNTIY DOWN THE ROAD....GOT DARK FAST SO I EASED ON OUTTA THERE...BOUT FROZE...GREW ABOUT AN INCH FROM ALL THAT COW SHEET....I WAS REALLY HOPING HED COME BOMBING RIGHT IN FOR A #4 BUCKSHOT DINNER...BUT THATS HUNTING.....NOTHING BEATS THE RUSH...TILL WE MEET AGAIN, EL COYOTE!

Although it looks semi light in the pics they r really grainy cuz it was pretty dark when I took the pics...and I didnt use a flash cuz it was too far and I didnt wanna spook him.

FinsnFur

Dont ya just love finding something like that.

I keep thinking I'd find more bedded yotes around here if I'd just take the time to glass around.
Cool pics :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Man what a rush.....I do alot of scoping, especially in the winter with sunny field edges.....my brother told me if I was hardcore id bury myself in the pile of cow shit tomorrow evening and ambush that dog..he said id be warm and hidden..... :wink:......I said....I AINT THAT HARDCORE, HOMBRE!  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

I agree with broHam...come! Show us what your made of :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I would but its Presidents Day and that would be disrespectful........ :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

:roflmao:
Actually considering that, I think it's a perfect opportunity :eyebrow:.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I think ill designate that spot the "Obama Field" seeing as the farmer is dumping tons of cow shit on it  :yoyo:

cathryn

no way would i be anywhere near that ice of my own free will.

maybe youll get him next time.

Hidehunter

Awesome.  My heart was speeding up just reading.  Maybe next time.

Denver
Denver                                           

nastygunz

GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ Cathryn Id even teach you how to run a hand augur..... :biggrin: :yoyo:

cathryn

i know how but is one of those things ya know but have no intention of actually doing. no way no how.

as was pointed out..the ice has to be REAL thick to accomodate a Dodge ram pick-up or something equivalent in size.i dont trust the ice and i cant swim...so ill pass  :biggrin:

nastygunz

WTH!?.......you dont know how to swim?.........I thought you were like a female Indians Jones....... :biggrin:...thats why you carry ice picks on a line around your neck...if you go in you can get a bite on the ice......some day little Alexys is gunna wanna go ice fishing!....I wear my camo life jacket also....not only floats but it keeps you warm also..... :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Quote from: cathryn on February 16, 2009, 11:37:22 AM
as was pointed out..the ice has to be REAL thick to accomodate a Dodge ram pick-up or something equivalent in size

I'm biting my tongue real hard :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

cathryn

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 17, 2009, 09:18:39 AM
Quote from: cathryn on February 16, 2009, 11:37:22 AM
as was pointed out..the ice has to be REAL thick to accomodate a Dodge ram pick-up or something equivalent in size

I'm biting my tongue real hard :roflmao:

:nofgr:  :biggrin:

no nasty,i can not swim.. i got my own floaters though if i wanted to give it a whirl..but i dont ,lol.

FinsnFur

Quote from: cathryn on February 17, 2009, 10:30:30 AM
no nasty,i can not swim.. i got my own floaters though if i wanted to give it a whirl..but i dont ,lol.

:roflmao: refrain yourself Nastygunz  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

cathryn

nastygunz

MY MIND IS A BLANK SLATE......MY MIND IS A BLANK SLATE.........MY MIND IS A BLANK SLATE........MY MIND IS A BLANK SLATE.................... :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

Snowmobilers Rescued After Falling Through Thin Ice
POSTED: 11:15 am EST February 16, 2009

FREEDOM, N.H. -- Firefighters in Freedom rescued two snowmobilers that fell through a patch of thin ice late Sunday evening.

New Hampshire Fish and Game officials said the two riders got separated from the group they were riding with on Ossipee Lake. The ice gave way under the first rider, 56-year-old Fred Williams, of Vineyard Haven, Mass. His machine went partially through the ice, but he was able to free himself.

The second rider, 45-year-old Donna Beaudoin, of Taunton, Mass., broke completely through. Fish and Game officials said Williams tried to get Beaudoin out of the water and fell through the ice himself.

Both were rescued by firefighters.

Crews said Beaudoin spent 30 minutes in the water.

"She (Beaudoin) was pretty much just hanging on the edge of the ice," said Freedom Fire Chief Jean Doe. "We did get a firefighter out there and he was able to keep her above water until we got 2 or 3 others out there."

Beaudoin was flown to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center where she was treated for non life-threatening hypothermia.

Williams was taken to Memorial Hospital in Conway where he was treated and released. Both snowmobiles sank into the lake.

Fish and Game officials said there are several areas of thin ice on Ossipee Lake. They advise caution to anyone riding on the lake, especially at night.

nastygunz

Any of you folks know what "skimming" is with a snowmobile?... :eyebrow: