• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Any thought about an Annual Redbird Hunt ?

Started by securpro, February 17, 2009, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Even though I was unable to make it to the Redbird hunt I would love to try out that area. I looks like everyone had a great time and appears that there were more coyotes killed than at the LBL hunts.  :shrug: So what about a Annual hunt there also? :biggrin: Possibly earlier in the season! :wo:  Just an idea.....
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

I think it's a crazy idea......too far for lil ole me wayyyyyyyy up here :sad:

I'm kidding ya, I just couldnt find anything else quickly enough to whine about.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

I agree Jim, we need to start one a little closer up here.  :biggrin:
Not sure how many it would end up bein, but I'm up for it.  :laf:
I think I'm only about 5 hours from ya.
Scott

securpro

Jim, me thinks you need to move a little further south west :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

weedwalker

Redbird has so many deer and elk firearms seasons, and the youth gun hunts, you have to wear blaze orange from Oct till the end of Dec. Jan and Feb is the best time of the year to hunt there. Most of us can't take two vacations or afford two trips that close together. And if I could only take one I'd rather go to LBL. Being in the middle of where you can hunt is a lot better than all the driving involved at Redbird. And the cabin atmosphere adds a lot to it too.

FinsnFur

Quote from: weedwalker on February 17, 2009, 07:21:52 PM
And the cabin atmosphere adds a lot to it too.

I'm going to ask that you NOT define that on a public forum. :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

I had a wonderful time yet it cost a good bit more than it would to go to LBL and all the driving was a bit much.
I have not been to LBL yet but I would rather go there......and it is farther for me.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

kcb346

I am up for any hunt any where. I really like the idea of hunting new places and seeing new things. Although being from western KY, LBL is easier. I think I learned soo much more about coyote habits by hunting a different geological area. But I think the point of these get together hunts is more about the people than the coyote. Soo many great times, soo few opportunities.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and thats why it's called the present.

CCP

QuoteBut I think the point of these get together hunts is more about the people than the coyote. Soo many great times, soo few opportunities.

I agree with kcb346 out of the past 8 years I only hunted 2 of them.Since I started hanging out and doing an occasional stand here and there I have had a heck of alot better time. I had planned on hunting hard one day this year but since it was canceled I just milled around mostly at RedBird.

I enjoyed everyone that made it to Redbird including my few stands with Mallardsr, Coyote101 and kcb346 I did slip up and forgot to hunt with Frogman and regret not doing it. I believe he would have been fun to hunt with.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Comraderie is the key. If it were feasible for me to do 2 hunts with you guys like Red Bird AND the LBL I certainly would like to. I wanted to hunt with everybody there but there's just not enough time for that. I got to hunt with Bill & Kurtis & we always have fun. Steve was a great host for the day we spent hunting too. I enjoyed meeting everybody & just listening to the BS lies   :doh2: stories that were being told.  :laf: :laf:  One nice thing is the time of year it's held. The days are shorter so we were done by 6PM latest. That still left time to hang around Rich's cabin. I'm glad Bill, Kurtis & I took our time & enjoyed our time there as much as we did.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

If I can get back to work again I hope to hook back up with weedwalker again sometime....we saw coyotes everyday we were there! And I really enjoyed hunting with ED.
I wish I coulda hunted with Curtus,Bill And Glen Some ......And Richard......Or any of ya, Just not enough time for all but it would be cool if we all got together in the field and talked about set up and stuff. :yoyo: :yoyo: I will never forget the trip.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

LBLDOG

Im personally looking forward to LBLnext year. I was bummed out about the Ice storm but that was nothing in my control. Im looking forward to meeting CCP and all the guys and looking forward to meeting Jimmy inKy. The crazy thing is i live 20 minutes or less from Jimmy in KY and we have never met and Im looking forward to meeting him.  I have heard about all you guys coming to the LBLhunt ,but this was going to be my first year to come ,I will definetly pick vacation days for next year!!!!! :yoyo:

msmith

I'm looking forward to anything next year. The last few years, work and family matters have inhibited me from doing anything like that. I almost didn't get to go on my annual trout fishing expedition last year.

I really feel like I am missing out on not getting to meet the faces on here. I am planning on saving some vacation for it next time.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

HaMeR

This stuff will all wait Mike. Be glad you're working as good as you are.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

linemansteve

Securpro, not sure where you are located-can't pm you yet-but if you are in the area or want to hunt give me a shout
or weedwalker and be glad to go with you. Working for a Elec. Utility I have plenty of Vac time or comp time let me know.  Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

Frogman

Guys,

I really enjoyed the Redbird hunt.  Just getting together with such a great bunch of guys was good enough, but there are lots of coyotes there and lots of property to hunt on.  Also most of the locals we talked to indicate that they mostly hunt them over bait and that not many people call them.  I would love to come back down and hunt again.  But for an annual get together I think I would still prefer LBL.   I for one would be interested in doing both if they could be done a couple months apart!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!