• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ive been gone so long because ive been sick

Started by cathryn, April 20, 2009, 05:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

a little over a month ago i started experiencing excruciating pain in my left leg.

I'm not one to go to the Dr so i let it ride thinking it'd slack off on its own.
i was wrong.
a week later i ended up at the Dr because i couldn't stand it anymore and because i had a rash along my left leg.
Turns out i was diagnosed with the Shingles. for ya'll that ain't familiar with it, its a re outbreak of the chicken pox virus brought on by stress.

i guess everything with my dad being sick and Jerry heading back out to Wyoming finally got the best of me.

anyway i just wanted you guys to know whats been going on with me.

Ill tell you this much, Ive had 3 kids and the pain involved with Shingles is by far the worst pain i have ever experienced. Even with some pretty strong pain killers i didn't sleep for more than 2 hrs collectively a night for over 3 weeks.

right now I'm going through what they call post neuralgia pain which hurts like an SOB in its own right and they tell me i could suffer this pain for as little as another 30 days or as long as the rest of my life.

i dint think i can take this pain forever.It scares me to even contemplate having too so im going day by day right now.

if ya'll believe in the power of healing through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, please remember me in your prayers cause i could sure use some relief.

Alscalls, i have your elk antler and as soon as I'm up to it, ill call ya and arrange to drop it off to you.
i apologize its taken this long to get it to you.

LORDDAL

you get to feelin better real soon now Cathryn will be prayin for you
Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

pitw

That stuff is not nice cathryn.  Hope it ends soon for you.  We'll be thinking of you.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

I have just now........Got quiet........cleared my thoughts and prayed for you my friend....

Now you dont worry about that antler none, it can wait.....you get better. :wink:
We all missed ya!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

I'll be praying for you Cathryn. I hope you feel better soon.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Cathryn,

You do have my prayers.  I had been wondering if something bad had happened to you, and it seems that it has.

My father had shingles several times and he said that it was bad.  I just got the vaccine for shingles a few weeks ago.  For anyone interested, you need to be over 60 but the closer to 60 that you are the better it will work.  Not a cheap shot at $160.00, but after reading Cathryn's post, I think it will be a good investment.  It is NOT a 100% guarantee that you will not get shingles, but I figured I was worth the investment.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Wow Sis!  :shck:
So sorry to hear you're in such pain.  :sad:
We have really missed you!
God wants you well. So do whatever it takes, & know I'm praying for you too!  :wink:

Hidehunter

Prayers sent...Hope you get to feelin better...Its also good to hear from ya.
Denver                                           

Frogman

Yeah cathryn,

Know all about the shingles.  I had them too, last summer.  Then got diverticulitus on top of them.  I got to the doctor right away with my shingles and started treating them.  That really helped.  Sounds like my outbreak was not as severe as yours.  Mine was on the top left side of my head in my scalp and down over the left face area.  I took the vaccine shot Jerry mentioned too.  Sure don't want another bout with shingles!  Hopefully you will have no lasting effects.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HuntnCarve

We'll keep you in our prayers for a quick and full recovery.  Get well soon!

KySongDog

Hope ya get to feelin' better real soon, Cathyrn.  Take care of yourself.  Ain't none of us bulletproof ya know.   :nono:

cathryn

thank you to all of you who will keep me in your prayers. its been a rough few weeks.

ive looked into the shot here and it costs 225.00. i plan to get the shot soon as i can afford to but as for now im just praying to get through this bout of them.

the post neuralgic pin involved in my cse is tremendous.

i had the out break along the nerve from my left hip bone all the way to the tips of my big toe and the one right beside it.Both toes are numb now and hve been for a couple weeks.

the closest thing ive ever experienced to the pain associated with shingles was physiatic nerve pain from a pinched nerve in my lower back...it dont hold a candle long term to this.

HaMeR

Get well soon Cathryn!! More thoughts & prayers coming in from Ohio.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

Cathryn,

I've been thinking about you and wondering why you haven't postted for a while. I figured you had just gotten busy as we all do and just have not had time. I never dreamed you would be afflicted with such an infirmity. I dearly hope and pray that you get to feeling better. Prayers from the Smith family sent.

Mike
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

Get feeling better Cathrynn, Al is out of control :doh2:

I dont think I understand this shingles thing.
I always thought they were unbelievably contagious.
And it seems the more I hear the more I think they are not contagious.

Then last week the neighbors call me over to ask if I'd fix their computer. I go over and he runs to the door,  "oh Jim you've had the chicken pox haven't you?"
I said, "yeah, why?"
He says, my wife has shingles, I didnt want you to catch them."

:confused: WTF?  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

God Bless you Cathryn, I have and Aunt that recently had the shingles and I know the pain is awful, God Bless and we will keep you in our prayers. cc

cathryn

fins, the virus is conagious as the chicken pox to people who havent been vaccinatd against the chicken pox and have never had them.

a person who hs never had them or been vaccinated can catch the Chicken Pox fron someone who has shingles but you cant catch the shingles from someone if youve had the chicken pox.
thats what the Dr told me.

he told me to stay away from pregnant women and those who had never had chicken pox cause they were susceptible to getting the virus and having it develop into chicken pox.

they say theyre caused by stress or in some cases a low immunity due to an illness such as cancer that will undermine your immune system.

theyve done some blood work to check for indications pointing towards cancer and at this point everythings ok.

they were a little concerned because in the last month ive lost 35 pounds and while i can afford tolose the pounds, the weight came off very fast so it was a bit of cause for alarm.

i have another appointment with th Dr on Friday.

il be weighed at that time and evaluated to see where the shingles are at at that time.

cathryn

also, thanks guys for remembering me in your Prayers. i really need and appreciate them.

iahntr

Sorry to hear of this Cathryn !
Prayers sent from Iowa too.
Take care,
Scott
Scott

alscalls

:argh: OUT OF CONTROL??? :argh:
I only mentioned grumpy Yugo a couple of times while she was gone....... :laf:  :innocentwhistle:
Dont think I aint picking on ya Cathryn...... :nofgr:
It will give ya a reason to get well and give me some crap right back.... :biggrin:

Are the Kids OK?
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls