• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

stranger among bears

Started by mandi48, May 14, 2009, 09:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandi48

Did anyone watch the few episodes that were on? I personally thought it was very interesting, an would love to go 'bear haven' to see all them bears up close! what's your opinion?
I am not a murderer, i am a hunter

Silencer

There's a couple of them bears I'd like to have the hides from  :eyebrow:  A couple of them Griz were on the large side.  I only seen bits and pieces of the show but I think that guy was smokin somethin.   :dance:

FinsnFur

I seen it and thought it was amazing, that he was able to interact with them the way he did.

But I was even more amazed that even after living that way for that many years he still never let his guard down, and had lightning fast reflexes if they nipped.

Hard to believe he was able to establish such an unorthodox relationship with that many wild bears with nothing but a stick and a soothing voice.

Remember this part?....."What the heck just happened?".......he didnt like you coming up behind me with that camera like that".  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

mandi48

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 14, 2009, 09:13:41 PM

Remember this part?....."What the heck just happened?".......he didnt like you coming up behind me with that camera like that".  :roflmao:

haha yeah i remember that. i loved this show, i'm kinda sad that there were only like 4 episodes but hopefully next year, if they dont shut charlie down, it will be on next year.

i didn't really care for the grizzlys though, they were just bad news

nastygunz

This sounds like a replay of the odd lad up in alaska or canada?....who was a bear hugger n wound up in a pile of bear poop with his girlfriend  :shck:

mandi48

Quote from: nastygunz on May 15, 2009, 01:22:03 PM
This sounds like a replay of the odd lad up in alaska or canada?....who was a bear hugger n wound up in a pile of bear poop with his girlfriend  :shck:

well this guy was up in alaska, but he's still alive...your talking about timothy tredwil, i just watched the documentry they made about him last weekend..he was boring compared to charlie!

Silencer

Charlie's just a nutz as Timmy.  Anyone using a stick to keep a bear in check has some screws loose.  :eyebrownod:

Tikaani

I agree with you Silencer, the only predictable thing about bears, is that they are unpredictable.  He will go the way of Treadwell.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

nastygunz

Id like to do a documentary film of FnF living with wolverines..... :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Yeah, they're protected but they're here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

I went black bear hunting in Canada once.  I took a 30-06 and wish I had taken a .338 win mag.   Confronting a bear with a stick is kinda loony me thinks.    :nono:
The only reason a bear doesn't eat you is because he isn't hungry at the moment.   :eyebrownod: