• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Alaska sues "Stranger Among Bears"

Started by Tikaani, May 20, 2009, 08:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Since this was an earlier post thought some would find this interesting.  Feeding wild bears is against the law here and while it seems harmless the bears become a nuisance and end up being removed.  Bears are seldomly relocated here, in the end the bears always lose.

John

http://newsminer.com/news/2009/may/19/alaska-files-charges-against-bear-haven-man/
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

That is good to read John and people should be responsible for there actions.  I read today where journalist in Denmark got charged for cruelty to animals for putting a dandruff shampoo in a guppy tank to prove that the toxins would hurt fish[she was right it killed them].
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

I saw the series on Animal Planet and thought the guy was in serious need of counseling.  Feeding and living that close to bears is equivalent to playing russian roulette.  Sooner or later a loaded chamber is going to come up.  :rolleye:

nastygunz

Maybe he knows martial arts like this guy i just saw on tv who was saying how he could do a front kick and then slip to the side and punch a grizzly bear on the back of the head and take it out..... :biggrin: :wink:........he didnt look like he could whup my 6 yr old niece but good luck with that one fella  :yoyo: :eyebrow: :wink:....he also said he knew a guy who had killed a cape buffalo with one punch......... :bowingsmilie:....I killed a bat with a tennis racket once and that was no walk in the park!!......maybe I need to work on my front kick?........ :innocentwhistle:

vvarmitr

Quote from: nastygunz on May 23, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
....he also said he knew a guy who had killed a cape buffalo with one punch.........
BULLSHIT!  :sarcas3:

KySongDog

Quote from: vvarmitr on May 23, 2009, 04:53:48 PM
Quote from: nastygunz on May 23, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
....he also said he knew a guy who had killed a cape buffalo with one punch.........
BULLSHIT!  :sarcas3:

Do ya think?   :doh2:

if the punch came from an Abrams tank I might believe it.   :eyebrownod:

vvarmitr

Maybe it was a day old.  :shrug:
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: