• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

UFC PREDICTIONS!

Started by nastygunz, July 11, 2009, 05:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Date Time: Jul-11-2009 7pm PT/10pm ET 
Event Type: PPV Live

Description: It's the biggest event in mixed martial arts history, and for UFC 100, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is bringing out the big guns. Two championships will be on the line when UFC heavyweight title holder Brock Lesnar defends his crown against rival Frank Mir in their long-awaited grudge match, and UFC welterweight champion Georges "Rush" St-Pierre puts his belt up for grabs against Brazilian knockout artist Thiago "Pitbull" Alves. Also, The Ultimate Fighter coaches collide as Dan Henderson takes on Michael "The Count" Bisping in a pivotal middleweight showdown.

AND HERES MY PICKS: Mir over Lesnar.....GSP over Alves....Bisping over Henderson.....ALL 3 BY KO  :yoyo:

nastygunz

GLAD I DONT GAMBLE FOR A LIVING  :doh2:
------------------------------------------------------------

Brock Lesnar Wins by Technical Knock Out at 1:48 in the 2nd round .
-------------
Georges St-Pierre Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 5th round .
--------------
Dan Henderson Wins by Knock Out at 3:20 in the 2nd round .

Rich

That UFC match was not shown here, and man was I ticked off!  Omaha's Cox  Cable was offering UFC 99 , but not 100. A little late ain't they?  Oh well, UFC 100 will be shown sometime in next week or two for free on Spike or Versus anyway.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

nastygunz

Yupp ole brock opened up a 50 gallon drum of whupass..then really raised some hell after the fight  :yoyo:

iahntr

That was a GREAT knockout(s)  by Henderson. Loved it !
I was REALLY hopin Mir was gonna kick Lesnars butt too !
I just don't like that guy.  :nono:
Scott

FinsnFur

I couldnt justify the cost of piping the fight in so I was gonna wait to hear from you rich folk.
But fortunately, my oldest daughter who's into UFC BIG TIME , says ah come on Dad, you know you can find it on the internet. People are illegally uploading it as we speak.  :laf:

It took me over an hour of landing on banned and removed pages before I finally made a solid connection. Found it over in the UK. The whole Lesnar/Mir fight.

I'm glad Brock won. I just like the guy, and I was a bit concerned. But I gotta say I did not like his little show of childishness there at the end. That was completely uncalled for and as mentioned by Bill, he's not going to gain any fans with that.

I got a feeling we'll hear from him before too long with a public appology. I hope anyway.  :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Quote from: iahntr on July 14, 2009, 07:56:52 PM
That was a GREAT knockout(s)  by Henderson. Loved it !
I was REALLY hopin Mir was gonna kick Lesnars butt too !
I just don't like that guy.  :nono:

I gott :yoyo: :yoyo:a say even more then Brock and GSP bringing on the pain....Im a big Hendo fan, hes a legend in the sport...and to see him drop the RIGHT HAND FROM HELL on that mouthy Bispingggggggggg was sheer enjoyment!

iahntr

"I believe I [shut him up] for a little while," Henderson said. "I don't know if I can ever shut his mouth completely, though. Normally, I'm not that way in fights. I know if a guy is out, and I tend to stop. I knew I [knocked] him out. I think that last one was just to shut him up a little bit."

He caught some slack for this too. Frankly I loved it.  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Hey, ya don't stop til the ref stops it.  :shrug:

"It wasn't the right thing to say, obviously," Henderson said on Tuesday. "It wasn't what I wanted to say. It was more of a joke that I was trying to intend. I do have a good sense of humor, and that probably didn't come out quite as funny as it should have."

"It wasn't intentional," Henderson said. "I didn't know he was completely knocked out or done until after that second punch, and that's exactly when I stopped. And I've hit guys just as hard almost right on the button like that (first shot), and they fall down, and the fight continues because maybe I didn't land the second shot right or the ref feels like that [my opponent] is still able to defend himself and he squeaks past and holds on. But I didn't want that to happen. That's why I was on him so quick with the second punch."

Plus, if ya talk as much trash as Bisping was,,,,,, well,,,,, :shrug:   :yoyo:  :dance:
Scott

nastygunz

I bet Bisping is sitting home now weeping in his tea...... :yoyo:.....next good fight coming up is Griffin and Silva...Anderson Silva, that dude dismantles other guys and looks artistic while hes doing it !!

Hidehunter

Silva is one BAD MAN.  I would hate to have him after me but I'm hopin Griffin takes him though.  It will be a good fight
Denver                                           

nastygunz

I think Griffin has the height and reach and attitude and style to give the spider a run for his money...or....Silva might just annihilate him like he has everyone else :wink:

FinsnFur

I havent seen much good out of Griffin. In fact I've wondered how he got the reputation he's got. Unless I've missed a whole lot of his better stuff.

I got a feeling Silva will make it a short fight, but I do like Griffin as a person so I'm rooting for him
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 am EDT

Dana White: 'Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar'
By J.E. Skeets

Where does one go after dunking on a 13-ton shark? What's the next step after defeating Damon Jones with a plastic knife and killer dance moves? Well, if you're Shaquille O'Neal(notes) you challenge the UFC heavyweight champion of the world.

UFC president Dana White joined "Into The Night with Tony Bruno" to discuss UFC 100's impressive ratings, the possibility of a Brock Lesnar-Fedor Emelianenko match, and the desire of The Big Diesel/Witness/Twitter to step inside the octagon with the Coors Light-drinkin' champ. Sports Radio Interviews transcribes the gold:

"Shaq texts and Twitters me all the time saying he wants to fight Brock Lesnar. He's been training for 10 years; Shaq's probably the only dude in the NBA that can actually fight ... I told Shaq, I said listen, 'Win another NBA championship this year and then we'll talk next year.'"

White's right; Shaq's yearning to get in the cage is nothing new. He's been training with Jonathan Burke of Gracie's Gym for 10 years now, where he does the full gamut of MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai and wrestling. Cagewriter spoke with Burke in May who said that O'Neal "works his tail off" during drills and "has way more talent with this stuff than people would imagine." And again, he dunked on a freakin' shark!

It's a long shot to ever happen, but Shaq vs. Brock ... I would pay good money to see that.

FinsnFur

I'm going to Nasty's for the next one. I aint got, I say I aint that kinda coin laying around to buy these pay per views like he does.
:laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I do now n then but they are expensive I usuaally just read about em  :wink:

FinsnFur

Ohhh :shrug: so much for that theory :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

NASA

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 17, 2009, 09:15:29 PM
I'm going to Nasty's for the next one. I aint got, I say I aint that kinda coin laying around to buy these pay per views like he does.
:laf:

Us fixed income folks do it the easy way.  Find a sports bar with big screens all around the walls, that ponies up for PPV events.  For the price of a plate of hot wings and a pitcher of beer, I watched the whole PPV event for under 10 bucks.   My favorite joint is a chain called "Buffalo Wild Wings".  Supposedly a national chain.

FinsnFur

They are finally going to air this free tonight on SPike. 10:00 CST

Needless to say...I will attend this airing live from my couch. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

I predict some fella in his underwear will win and a bunch of yahoos sitting at home in their boxers drinking Budweiser, Bud light and Miller will be getting sloshed and high five'n each other? Close?  :wo:

Todd Rahm

QuoteNeedless to say...I will attend this airing live from my couch.

Uhhhm, Sorry Jim i didn't see this part when I posted.  :innocentwhistle:  :roflmao: