• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coyote control job.

Started by pitw, August 05, 2009, 02:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I went out early this morning and sprayed a half section while ther was still dew on the ground to keep the dust down.  I got home with KW and sprayer to be met by Don yelling that a coyote had just been in the yard.  I told him to go get a green shirt on and to grab a call.  We went up the road south of my place 1/3 of a mile and got set up in the ditch.

Donny on my seat to show where we were looking

I had him 15ft to my left and whispered to start calling.  He let out 6 short blasts on his call and we waited for all of 4 minutes when a coyote came around that hill[mound for some of you guys].  She was really focused on us and headed for the top of the hill for a better look around[I think].  When she stopped at about 150yds I gently squeezed the trigger and flop, down she goes.

Donny in his youthful exuberence screamed you got it Dad.  That pretty much killed any chance we had of a second one showing up :doh2:

Proud lad with coyote

Again

Agian

Pic of Don from where we were as he is standing by the coyote.

We then went a mile west and tried again but no takers and Don says "Dang call isn't any good over here". :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  His ma was pissed at him for throwing clothes all over trying to find that tshirt but got over it quick when she heard he had maybe saved some chickens.
   Coming home I had to take this pic just cause I couldn't look at her and not think of HuntnCarve.

That slough is what all our water supply looks like around here now, but I did see a hawk on a fence post facing due east so it will rain within 24 hours :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Silencer

Tell the young man great job  :yoyo: :congrats:

HaMeR

Make that boy a Pro Staffer somebody!!!  :yoyo:  Way to go Donny & Dad!! Great teamwork!! :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Great story and pics, Barry!   :yoyo:

alscalls

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: WTG on the chicken eater fellas!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Thanks guys.  Bob was pee'd that he didn't get to go as he was busy doing stuff that should have been done[gotta hate rules].  He figures he's big enough to kill his own called in coyotes with the 22-250 so I had him shoot a few rounds from a seat and in different positions from said seat.  He did all right :shck:.  Now he's pee'd because the hawk was right and it's been sprinkling for the past 10 minutes.  He wants to join the forum to show off his first shot coyote with a gun bigger than a rim fire 22 but I said "No, until I asked the guys if it was okay".  So is it okay?

alscalls

AL

HaMeR

Quote"No, until I asked the guys if it was okay".  So is it okay?

:yoyo: :yoyo: X a whole bunch!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Seeing that Bob is learning all about "rules".  I suspect he's wise enough to know that when dad expects something to be done, it better get done!  All that being said, I'd say he's ready to try his hand at coyote hunting with a high powered rifle. -Provided he follows all dad's rules.  Hunt safe Bob, and good luck!  

HuntnCarve
Dave

PS.  Barry, I was taking notice of those ornaments on that cows head too.

Oh, I almost forgot.  "Way to go Don!  with the calling.  Pretty soon you'll be taking all us older fellows to school.  Heck, I bet you could already teach us a thing or two about calling coyotes.  Well done young man!

alscalls

He did fine getting the T-shirt for being in a hurry......But those hunting boots need some work....... :innocentwhistle:
AL

golfertrout

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BARRY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on August 05, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
 He wants to join the forum to show off his first shot coyote with a gun bigger than a rim fire 22 but I said "No, until I asked the guys if it was okay".  So is it okay?

No need to ask.  Heck yeah!!!   :yoyo:

pitw

Quote from: alscalls on August 05, 2009, 08:32:07 PM
He did fine getting the T-shirt for being in a hurry......But those hunting boots need some work....... :innocentwhistle:

Al I couldn't agree more  :holdon:  but on the bright side it's  sure nice living where he can get away with it. :yoyo:

Jerry Hunsley

That young man will never forget that experience . Good story and pictures.  :wink:

coyotehunter_1

QuoteHe wants to join the forum to show off his first shot coyote with a gun bigger than a rim fire 22 but I said "No, until I asked the guys if it was okay".  So is it okay?

Looking forward to it, post away :thumb2:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

iahntr

Very nice !!  :yoyo:  :yoyo:
Congratulations guys.  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott
Scott

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on August 05, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
 He wants to join the forum to show off his first shot coyote with a gun bigger than a rim fire 22 but I said "No, until I asked the guys if it was okay".  So is it okay?

Absolutely :yoyo:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

That is awesome Barry :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: Tell Donny I said congratulations on some fine hunting too.

You don't mind if I post one or two of those pics on my website when I get a chance I hope. That is a fine call he has there :innocentwhistle: and a pretty cool t-shirt to boot :wink:

Way to go Donny!!!

pitw

Quote from: Coulter on August 06, 2009, 08:01:18 PM
That is awesome Barry :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: Tell Donny I said congratulations on some fine hunting too.

You don't mind if I post one or two of those pics on my website when I get a chance I hope. That is a fine call he has there :innocentwhistle: and a pretty cool t-shirt to boot :wink:

Way to go Donny!!!

Thanks, but can Bob join up. :innocentwhistle:  I'll have to ask Don when I see him again cause they are of him :wink:   The way he went after the shirt was hysterical cause I had told him it was his camo for callin'.  The call was a bounus cause I think he got lucky there. :shrug:

coyote101

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing