• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

So Cal

Started by nor-cal yote, August 11, 2009, 06:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

I just got to southern California yesterday afternoon for the La Brea fire on the Los Padres National Forest, the fire was about 10,000 acres yesterday, worked until 10 am this morning, the country that this firs is some of the most beautiful coyote country I have ever seen. The drive in to the fire I counted 6 different coyotes. At about 4 am coyotes started howling in all directions most of my crew members were calling me on the radio, asking if we were in a safe place from the coyotes I told them just worry about the fire the coyotes wont bother you. I think I know where I will spend my vacation this winter. Will try to get some pictures to night of the land scape, and the fire, and coyotes! New computer still learning how to get pictures on it(HP mini net book) Just heard fire is 20,000 acres plus, on the radio. They have us sleeping in a city park, right in the path of an air port, :madd:
never yell whoa in a horse race

alscalls

Stay safe your in our thoughts and prayers as yours is not just a job....... :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Be Careful & keep us updated on your condition & your crews condition!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Lonehowl

Nor Cal, I hunt the Los Padres, Im a little north of Bakersfield.  Stay safe down there.

nor-cal yote

Lonehowl hows the hunting off of hwy 166? east of santa maria looks like it would hold tons of yotes, saw a ton of jack rabbits and cottontails last night. Im quite abit further north lake county(clear lake ca) well heading out for night shift will try to take some photos.
never yell whoa in a horse race

FinsnFur

I wondered where you was hiding :wink:

Stay safe down there, I wanna set across the table from you again in the near future, suck on a long neck and chew the fat some more. :yoyo:

"Are we safe from the coyotes?".......your kidding me right? LMAO!  :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Nor Cal,

Stay safe and out of the fire.

As for the coyotes, you have to remember what state you are in and that they aren't used to being around anything larger than a small dog or cat.   :iroll:

Jerry

onecoyote

Nor-Cal,
Just proves how smart coyotes are, they're leavin the fire and you're going into it...lol. I lived 60 of my 66 years in So. California, those kind of fires are so common that we never pay much attention to them unless you happen to live in the hills. I have a soft spot in my heart for firefighters since my brother has been one for more than 30 years. He's fought brush fires and forest fires, it's extremely hot, hazardous work. Good luck to you and all your crew....god bless.
DB

Lonehowl

Nor Cal. 166 has great calling. Lots of flats, rugged  and brushy areas. Tons of coyotes, bobcats and LOTS of grey fox. I used to hit that area a lot but have not been back in a few years really. Lots of areas around Maricopa if you keep going east.
Good luck and take care.