• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"The Rebel Yell!" [Auction Ended]

Started by HuntnCarve, June 27, 2010, 09:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Here in Pennsylvania 147 years ago at a place called Gettysburg, a historic battle was fought.  Northern soldiers met their Confederate brethren in an epic battle that would slowly swing the tide of the war in the North’s favor.  Though the war has long since ended, some mild sentiment still lingers to this day.
           The “Rebel Yell” still echoes across the land from one of our dear friends.  Maybe not in the same way as it was hollered those many years ago.  But in a new, and endearing way…Well then again?  Maybe it was yelled at the army of the North?  LOL!
   With utmost respect for past and present day.  I present this rare collector’s edition call for FnF auction. All proceeds of this auction will go right here to the Fins and Fur Members Bank. Now, about the calI.  It’s a 4-1/4” “Northern Red Oak” enclosed reed (voiced cottontail).  It features a painted reproduction of our very own “LBL Rebel” Bopeye. It’s signed and dated by myself.   The wording at the bottom of the call, Bop’s own Rebel yell.  Has become dear to all our hearts.  So let’s run this auction till Wednesday, July 7th, 2010  ending at 7PM Eastern Time.
Thanks again to Bop and Jim for making this a great site!

Respectfully,

HuntnCarve
Dave

Well I figured if you are out hunting, you need to be looking at something alittle "prettier" than Bop's face. LOL!  So I'm tossing in this Painted Oak call along with "The Rebel Yell". :eyebrow:

So lets see those bids.  It's for a great cause.  With the money ultimately finding it's way back to the members in one way or another.  Only 2 days left!

Thanks again!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Tikaani

For having a great site I will start at $40.00.  Won't even have to squeeze off a round when the critter comes in, just point the picture of that mug at the animal and it will keel over dead.   I know, bite me,  just don't show me a picture of you in them shorts Bops.  

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Frogman

What a great looking call!  Thanks  HC.  My bid is $50.00.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hawks Feather

Well, since the North won that war it is only fitting that it be bid higher in the north.

$60.00

Jerry

Jeb

:nofgr:   Since we are picking sides heres another bid from the north , $70.00 from NORTH GEORGIA !   :biggrin:
                                                  Jeb

pitw

Well damb if this isn't the place for a FnForeigner to piss off the populace eh :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:.  Can you imagine the state of affairs if a piece with that much American in it fell into foreign hands  :madd:.  You guys gotta bid again cause my ten gauge shoot's .75 inch balls. So $75. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

Only 2 days left!  Oh, I upped the stakes for the winner. :innocentwhistle:

Thanks to the fellas that have bid so far.  I'm sure Bop will send out a heart felt "Bite Me"! to all.  :laf:

Dave

HuntnCarve

Well it looks like the "Rebel Bopeye" call is heading to Canada!  Congratulations to Pitw Barry for his generous bid. :congrats:
And Thank you to all who participated and make this site great! 

HuntnCarve
Dave

FinsnFur

I was going to bid but the thoughts of that mug of his being on anything in this house, made my skin crawl. :alscalls:

Congrats Barry. I just hope the boys dont have nightmares.

Thanks to you and Dave both for your generosity, by the way.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Well I'll be hanged[probably literally if I get caught with the call in a Northern state] :biggrin:..  This is too cool, now I can go hunting with two friends at once :biggrin: :biggrin:.  If that thing wails out Dixie when I blow it I'm betting the coyotes will still come for a look see. 

Jim where the [L] is the paypal thingy so I can pay my dues :wo:.  You need to sticky that thing to my forehead :doh2:.

Hawks Feather

A couple of BIG thanks to: Dave for making the call and Barry for being the winning bidder.  I guess that some thanks should also go to Rebel Bop for being selected as the model of the year.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Barry, In the Fins and Fur Bank Forum, and it is stickied. Here

Stickied... :doh2: is that even a word?

Thanks again guys, and to everyone that bid also. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Thanks Jim :bowingsmilie:.  Wish to [L] I knew where here is :pout:.  Man I already proved I'm an idiot so check to see if I got that done right as I couldn't remember my Paypal sign in crap either :doh2:.

FinsnFur

Yep, you got er.
A little tip....any blue letters like that in the forum usually indicates it's a link.
What's a link?, what does that mean?  It's been written to take you to the fore mentioned website when clicked upon. :wink:

Thanks again by the way.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Congrats Barry. That call is a one of a kind right there.  :yoyo: I mean how often do ya see Bop NOT talking??  :shrug:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11