• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

05' Kodak Moments

Started by Jrbhunter, August 01, 2006, 11:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrbhunter

05 was a blast, 06 is looking even better! ;)

FinsnFur

Ok, OK,  :madd: I take it back....your NOT a rookie! :wink:

kidding

Nice touch with the fox pic. Don't tell me you picked em off at 200 yards right after the fox :eyebrownod:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

You had a good year. And you smile for pics about as much as I do. I think it's over rated myself. :biggrin:

Brad

CCP

:highclap:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bob D

That was awesome! If I was a coyote I would stay away from this guy!
Bob

browning204

WOW! Great job!!!  where are you huntin? what state???
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

canine

Wow dude.... Looks like you had alot of fun :congrats:.

Are all them daytime calls? or do you hunt at night also?

Hope this season is as succesfull for ya :yoyo:

JD

Jrbhunter

Thanks guys.

Browning204, I hunt in Indiana.  55 of the 92 counties are in my annual routine now, pretty much top to bottom and east to west.   I'm typing this message while sitting 10 miles from the Kentucky line... was 200 miles north of here when I posted the thread originally this week.   Lots of travel!

Canine, all of those shown are daytime callups between October 21'st and March 15th.   No night time dogs there, no spot/stalk or anything else.   I do night hunt on occasion, especially in the northern part of the state.  We made some night kills last year... and several more day kills... but I have no pictures of those for whatever reason.   Night hunting can be very productive when done in the right time and right place... I think our best night last year was 9 callups but my best day was 13.   I called up 5 on one stand four times last year... which is a personal record... tied myself 4 times.   Killed a dozen true doubles last fall, 10 male/male, one female/female and one M/F pair.

I brought well over 100 Indiana coyotes to their maker last year with various forms of attack, hoping to CALL AND KILL that many here between Oct & March this winter.    I have tentative hunts in Wyoming, Texas, Ohio and Illinois on the books... Depending on how those trips go I might be able to pull out 200 combined on the season.  Wish all these summer dogs counted- I'd be well on my way for 06'.     :)

Greenside

Jrbhunter

:innocentwhistle:

I try to move around Dennis... trying to stay under the radar of that Don Johnson stereotype.  It's other web surfers like yourself that complicate the matter.

I STILL BELIEVE there are very few folks east of the big river killing over 100 a year with a rifle!  I learned a lot about calling from one of the few Hoosiers to do it consistantly, now he's out west and I'm trying to hold down the fort as best I can.  I hunt with 75-80 of the finest Indiana callers each year and I haven't met many breaking 25- so to say there are many breaking 100 is a reach.   The funny thing about the internet is... you can let yourself read too much credibility into someone- on the flip side, you can short them too.

I'll be in your neighborhood this winter Dennis- maybe a couple average callers like ourselves could get together for a stand or two?   I'd like to test our theories... we've disagreed too many times to both be wrong!  I might even have us some uncalled territory out there... I know you hate those "Educated" coyotes!    :wink: :madd:

Rick223

Wow I wish we could get numbers like that around here!
Great shootin better luck in 06 :yoyo: :eyebrownod:

Rick
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

stevecriner

Thats some good stuff right there!
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

CCP

"  I STILL BELIEVE there are very few folks east of the big river killing over 100 a year with a rifle! "

I agree with the above statement! If someone were to kill in big numbers here in the east.They would  have to have access to lots of property and lots of coyotes.For someone to kill 100 coyotes he would have to call in at least 120 coyotes.120 coyotes would need a lot of land that is roughly 15,000 acres and that would be stacking them in at 5 per square mile.Here that would translate to approx 40 land owners to get permission.

I think the high numbers would more than likely come from flat open area states that more resemble the west than say the far east coast mountains or P.A. and NY state for example.I know callers that only have access to small lots of property and only kill 3 to 5 coyotes and believe them to be some of the best callers in the world.

I will dig around and see if I can find some 05 pics and post.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net