• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Asbury Park ice breaker

Started by Dave, January 08, 2013, 04:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Fished Asbury Park, NJ, with a friend yesterday and caught my first fish of 2013.  We fished about two hours on three different jetties and managed 6 or 7 fish to 27". 

Here's Tom with the first one - maybe 25/26". 

All on plugs.

We were a little north of where Sandy did major damage.  They are only now allowing some of the residents access to their homes and businesses in those hardest hit areas (about 10 miles south of where we were fishing). 

Still, where we were, a lot of the shoreline was fenced off with no access to the beach.   Alot of heavy equipment up and down the shoreline.
Here's something we walked by that's seen better days.  The shoreline is 100 yards to the left.  This may have been some sort of storage building for renting out chairs/umbrellas/etc.  From here there were pillars  that led down to the jetty that probably supported a boardwalk of some type.  It was getting too dark for any decent pics (and the bite was on, so I had to get to the jetty).

FinsnFur

The first one of 2013, and hopefully the first of many.  :yoyo:
That would be pretty eery walking through some of that aftermath
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

The last pic was the worst that I saw.  Further south where it made landfall is still completely closed.  They are allowing residents in during the day, but then out by 6 pm.  It's still on some of the local news channels and it's still unbelievable the way alot of the towns and houses look.  Everything just needs to be swept away and rebuilt. 

I'd like to drive through and just see the power and destruction that Sandy packed.  I'm sure that would be an eye opener.

FinsnFur

I've seen some of the pics on the news and the net. It's pretty unsettling for sure. Driving through would definitely be an eye opener.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com