• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got Skunked but Check this Out

Started by THO Game Calls, August 27, 2006, 10:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Well, not a great day calling for sure.  Got skunked. 

But I did make a nice find on the way to my first stand

Now if I just made antler calls LOL.

Al
THO Game Calls
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Wow.....  :shck: and two find both of them is kinda unique.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Great find for sure!!!  Now you know where to hang that tree stand.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Rich Higgins

Al. are those NE moose? If so what is the diameter of the crown? Probably big enough for the bell of a dandy howler. Maybe you should think about starting antler calls.

THO Game Calls

Hi Rich,

Yes, a New Hampshire moose.  I think they are from a small bull that I have "known" for about 3 years now.  We play cat and mouse every now and then in a good sized drainage that I hunt.  He seems to favor the same trail in that I do, and he beds in a very tight  little group of pines not more than 40 feet square right between the only two water crossings for about a half mile in either direction.  I have to watch for him in the fall as he can be a pain if you run into him and he is in a mood.   The beems measure about 6 1/2" arournd at the base.  For laying there for the last 7 or 8 moinths they are in pretty good shape.  Today was only the second time I have hunted this spot since last Feb, and I missed seeing them the first time in. 

As for the antler calls, I will leave them to the experts like BranH and others.  If it can't go on a lathe, I am lost LOL.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

keekee

THO,

I would be glad to make you a antler call out of one of them! Wont cost ya a dime either!

Brent

Brad H

That is a super nice looking set of horns with potential.

Brent could fix you up with a nice one I bet. I'll throw you the same deal for the other one if you like.

Brad