• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Way to go Mr. Higgins!!

Started by canine, August 28, 2006, 08:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

Way to go Rich, I just recieved my predator extreme issue and enjoyed reading what you had to say in your interview/article.

Congrats and hope to see more from you in the Magazine!!

JD

Rich Higgins

Thank you, JD. I haven't received my copy yet. I had forgotton about that interview. Seems like we did it several months ago. i can't even remember what I said.
When it rains, it pours. The article that Lance Homman wrote about our Colorado hunt is in this issue of T&PC. He actually made it sound like I knew what I was doing.
Gerry Blair asked me to write two chapters for his new book that is being published after the new year.  One on calling contests and one on coyote vocalizations and their application to calling. It's been a heck of a month.

keekee

I have not got my coppie yet either, Im looking forward to it!

Brent

Todd Rahm

Don't even think I get PX anymore, but I do get T&PC and I really enjoyed the article Lance wrote. Sounds like you fellas had a great time there Rich. Even appears your going back for more. Matter fact I even stashed away a few notes from that article that may pay dividends one day. Notes to which Lance gave you credit for.  :biggrin:

Good job fellas and thanks,
Todd

THO Game Calls

Well I am just going to have to go pick up both of them.  Sounds like some great reading this month.

The book sounds like it will be interesting too.  I can't wait for that one to come out.

Al
THO Game Calls
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

studabaka

Hmmmm :confused: ....... Higgins, vocalization, lingustics, locality, contest, camo ...... this sounds familiar.......Hmmmm :wo: .... I know I have heard this before ....... ah, yes ......... I'm thinking a possible title for your next DVD could be...... 'My Fair Yoty'  :shck:

Sounds like some good reading is hitting the presses. Good for you, good for us. I'll need to check it out.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Rich Higgins

studabaker, clever, very good.
On Huntmasters sometimes I'm referred to as "perfesser"
Professor Higgins" etc.  Truth is Sheri Baity tagged me with that because she was a fan of "My Fair Lady" also.

studabaka

At the risk of getting too far out there....... I don't recall the actors name that played Professor Higgins, but it seems to me that he, interestingly enough, played another role that kinda fits...... In that one he wasn't a professor, but a Dr.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Rich Higgins

His initials are the same as mine. :wink:

canine

That's an honor to be asked by Gerry Blair to write a couple chapters in his book :congrats:. At least in my eyes, i grew up reading TP&C magazine. Why i let my sub-script run out and never re-newed it, i don't know. I don't wanna bash any other Mags, but that TP&C always had articles i could or rather would, make sure i read from beginning to end. I will definately be gettin a copy of this months. And for my 3 boy's sake i will probably re-new my sub-scription.

Congrats
JD

Rich Higgins

JD, I've read the first chapter of Gerry's book and he is the most entertaining writer I have ever read. He turns a phrase like no other.  "The sunrise was so beautiful, I could only look at it with one eye." After 50 years of calling and trapping there isn't much he hasn't seen or done. That vast experience is obvious in his writing.
"Predator Hunting", T&PC's spin off magazine looks like it will go to subscription this year. The isues that have been published so far were very good, I thought.