• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

little league season to start

Started by Silencer, April 23, 2008, 06:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

The little league season starts saturday, I have  7 yr old short stop and a 12 yr old 3rd baseman/pitcher.

The 7 yr old sports #55 ( Matsui his fav player ),  and the 12yr old is #13.... he always wore #2 but I think he's lookin for the money this year by wearing #13  :laf:

I love this time of year !!!!

msmith

We have been having practices 3 times a week. Somebody's wife volunteered them to be assistant coach.  :shrug: My 11 year old plays 3rd base and pitcher but the head coach wants to move him to shortstop. Games start Tuesday. It's a lot of fun, but I get so far behind in getting things done, ie. weedeating, hay, worming/injecting cattle, etc.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

It is a lot of fun...it's a lot of work too. As working parents it just seems there is absolutely no way to fit anything else into the already hectic schedule.
Things fall behind, dead lines get pushed forward, other things get pulled from the list, etc. I'm hearing ya msmith.

Just gotta keep thinking about they way things could be if we refused to take the time to participate, and acknowledge their interests. It could get ugly, real fast :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 23, 2008, 09:59:10 PM
It is a lot of fun...it's a lot of work too.

I agree it is a lot of fun and work too!!! I have a 13 year old son playing but he is sidelined right now with a broken leg. So his season is put on hold for another 4-6 weeks. I also have a 11 year old daughter playing fast pitch softball on a team that I am the assistant coach to.

It makes for hectic weeks around here, with work taking up most of my time, then two kids playing  ball and never in the same location. Keeps my wife and I hopping from one game to another.

Oh and throw in dance classes and competitions for the middle girl and the baby girl.

Out of 7 days we have one day that there isn't something going on, and some weeks even that day is taken!!!!! But I love it and wouldn't change it for the world.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

pitw

I've got 10 year old pitcher/short stop and 7 year old any position.  They love to play and it is good to see.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Roundman

My daughters team has been playing for five weeks now and we are having a blast. Three of our six games have been decided by one point. A good close game (win or lose) is a great way to spend a day. We have 255 girls in the league, ages 4 years to 18 years old. I find myself not getting home until 10:30 and 11:00 each night. It's a lot of work but it keeps me and 255 girls out of trouble.

Silencer

Didnt coach this year, took the year off to be a fan  :biggrin:  A few parents were upset my wife and I werent coaching.
I'm sure I'll be behind the plate or running the concession stand. 
Good to see alot of yall are in the same boat as me, not enough time in a day lol.

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Jeb

Good topic , sounds like we got a load of FNF  jr athletes !  :congrats: :congrats:
                        Jeb

Roundman

QuoteGood topic , sounds like we got a load of FNF  jr athletes !   
I say we post some action pics of the kids. What do ya think?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Sounds like a good idea to me!  :yoyo:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI