• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fury Fever,,, There's only one cure.

Started by GAJoe, September 08, 2008, 03:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAJoe

When I saw the new Fury and found out the FX5 couldn't be upgraded I was frustrated. But the more I thought about it and read Mike's response ....." with increased competition coming from overseas, we have to take advantage of our strength, and that is our engineering capabilities. The companies that get their products made overseas have a huge labor advantage over us. We are paying American people American wages, and paying benefits on top. It is not easy lowering your prices, but the hope is that it you maintain (or increase) market share. And, at the same time, deliver a product that answers the wants and needs of the predator hunter. If we don't fill their wants and needs, there are other companies out there that will. " I was OK with it. They may have criticized some features of other companies like remote size but when we let them know our eyes needed a larger font and we wanted more presets they gave us what we wanted. When the marketplace responded to the price of the FX5 as being too high, they did surveys on colors to trim the price back some and was able to come up with a better unit at a lower price. If they didn't do it the competition would have. The way I see it they didn't have a choice.
You guys that hate FOXPRO, I understand the only acceptable action by FOXPRO would be to loose money. That aint gonna happen.
The FX5 was the answer to my wish list for the FX3 except I still didn't have any way to turn a home made decoy off and on. With the Fury that is possible I believe. My decoys have used two AA's to power them and I never liked having to turn it on at setup and let it run the whole stand. That along with the rest of the amazing new options has given me the "Fury Fever". I am a little frustrated at not being able to upgrade my FX5 but there's only one cure for "Fury Fever": buy one. I'm hooked and I have to get the monkey off my back. I put my FX5 up for sale on the hunting classifieds to get most of the funds up for the purchase:
http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=6568.0
GAJoe

canine

Well said Joe. I myself am looking forward to "foxfade" and the way the new remote scrolls through the sound numbers.

I have some Ideas to try out with this unit that I am hoping works. Once I get one, I plan on changin things up in my area, and this units features might do the trick..

JD

GAJoe

Quote from: canine on September 08, 2008, 09:18:04 PM
Well said Joe. I myself am looking forward to "foxfade" and the way the new remote scrolls through the sound numbers.

I have some Ideas to try out with this unit that I am hoping works. Once I get one, I plan on changin things up in my area, and this units features might do the trick..

JD

My thoughts also. Much less movement required to make a stand may make the difference.
GAJoe

alscalls

I need a $400 off coupon then I know I can have one :innocentwhistle: Till then its mouth calls or commin to hunt with you fellers....... :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

George Ackley

:biggrin:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

cb223

Quote from: alscalls on September 10, 2008, 04:59:40 AM
I need a $400 off coupon then I know I can have one :innocentwhistle: Till then its mouth calls or commin to hunt with you fellers....... :laf:

I second that!
CHAD

vvarmitr

I saw the ad in the back of PX; it does look like a heck of a unit. ( to those who have trouble reading that means I like it)
I'm curious too as to if it has remote on-off for a decoy?  :shrug:
That all said I still can't get over the $600 price tag.  :rolleye:
I'm either cheap or poor, but more like a mixture of both.  :sad:

slagmaker

I like the idea of the oversized remot as well. But for the money I will stay with my FX5. Kind of torques me off that you cant upgrade it.  But hey I was never one to upgrade to the bigger, better, faster, newer, most expensivious thing on the market.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

possumal

GAJoe--Sounds to me like you haven't suffered the horrible financial loss many feared by selling your FX-5 and moving to the Fury. With what you are getting for the FX-5, the difference you are paying to get the Fury is no more that the upgrade prices we experienced from the FX3 to the FX5.  I would venture a guess that your use of the FX5 hasn't cost you too high a price at all, and I am sure it has served you well.  Good luck with the Fury.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

GAJoe

I've had a 532B, an FX3, then upgraded to the FX5. With each upgrade my success rate went up considerably, and along with it my enjoyment. I know some of the success is because of gained experience and knowledge from reading here and other sites, PX mag' articles, and just gettin' out there. What I have learned is:
1) They're gona try to wind ya.
2) You need good quality emotional sounds.
3) Move as little as possible, especially here in the east where they have so much cover.

Each time I upgraded FOXPRO made significant strides in the last two items.  And the Fury is yet another. It should cut down the time I have to work with the remote on stand and give me more options to trick wiley. I have been very pleased with each FOXPRO and feel they were worth it. Hopefully the Fury will continue the trend. I'll let you know.
GAJoe