• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Will summer ever get here? 64F hottest day in next two weeks

Started by Okanagan, June 10, 2022, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Title says it. 14 day forecast predicts a high of 64 F in the next two weeks, low of 46.  Cold rain for past two days, with a few wet snow flakes mixed in.  Nobody's garden is growing, of the plants that survived frost into late May. A good thing is that snow levels in the mountains are above normal, our water storage for the summer and year ahead. 

Great year for wild flowers: meadows covered with wild daisies, buttercups, various blue, purple and yellow flowers, plus orange California poppies, and the wild rhodendron flower bushes are coming on strong.   

JohnP

Eighty this morning at 07:30, tomato plants covered with tomatoes, and pepper plants also have many pods.  Sun tea brewing.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on June 10, 2022, 01:59:06 PMEighty this morning at 07:30, tomato plants covered with tomatoes, and pepper plants also have many pods.  Sun tea brewing.

Wow!  That's early.  Most peope here barely put tomato plants out, because the ones we put out early got killed by the latest frost in memory.

Someday we will figure out how to send some of our extra water down to you and take maybe 20% off the top of your hot days and send the warmth up here.

Sun tea?  I'm going for hot soup!

JohnP

Sounds like a good trade.  We have to water everything or they die off within a 24-hour period.  I have just about everything on a drip system, three times a day for 15 minutes each.  No vegetables are planted in the ground all are in half barrels.

Hawks Feather

80 degrees today (Friday) and then 77 tomorrow for a high. But next we have 84, 94, 95, and 84. I don't need those 90s since I am starting to check gas stations.

chieftain

supposed to get to 100 degrees here by tues.of next week...not looking forward to that crap....

pitw

70F and sunny today.  Would sure like to see some rain instead of this relentless wind. So dang dry here if ya pushed a wheel barrow down my gravel road it would take 10 minutes for the dust to settle so ya could see to push it back. :pout:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Hawks Feather

nastygunz

we only get one day of sun here a year so I might have to adapt.