• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

opening day archery VA, L of a wake up;she wants nothing to do with me

Started by vayotehowler, October 02, 2010, 08:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

Went to bed last nite at 1130, my wife said u better get ur 45 min of sleep, true to form I roll over on my 2yr at 215 am/ wake up at 450 am and shower . hit the road , is about 45 min to my spot on my land. Get in right before 1st light and set up. I hunt off the ground and build a ground blind out of sticks and leaves every year. It's about wasit high and and about 10'x10'. Acorns were falling like cluster bombs on al qaeda. I sat around until about 1000 and decided to buld my blind up some more.  Settled back down and about 1045 got tired and took my usual dirt nap(not that kind)jsut sleep on the dirt. I go from dead asleep to wide awake and sit up in the blind on my knees and see a doe offf to my down behind the new ly built blind and get my bow picked up. Now she is behind some saplings and try to range her . Hit the grunt call and SHE BLOWS THE QUITTIN WHISTLE ON THE FLINSTONES. she runs off and stops after 10' snorts 2 more times and she is gone . no more deer or turkey the rest of the day.

pitw

Cool  :bowingsmilie:.  Naps are fun and to wake up and listen to the Flintstones would be a bonus. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

vayotehowler

That spot is my opener every year . took my 1st buck with a bow there !!! always see turkeys there not today though. found somewing feathers brought home to Hunter and Tanner(they loved em) found some grubs when moving the leaves as big as my thimb and about 2.5 inches long. its a hollow that sits below a saddle . I woke up one year with about 15 turkeys waliking in . Saw two coytoes chasing a fawn doe 2 yrs ago( maybe last yr ) sure u have heard that story . it was a good day . 38 when i went in left at 6 it was 77. was hot  so i napped . Hard to tell what all i could kill if i stayed wake  :alscalls: :alscalls:. would hate the taxidermy bill though.  Acorns all over the mountain every where so probably not moving much . it was about 70 when she came out . thought she would have been bedded by then

FinsnFur

Quote from: vayotehowler on October 02, 2010, 08:21:53 PM
Hit the grunt call and SHE BLOWS THE QUITTIN WHISTLE ON THE FLINSTONES.

:alscalls: :alscalls:

I wonder what you missed while you was napping. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vayotehowler

yeah me too went back out from 3 to 4. I always seem to wake up when game is in the vicinity. must be in my blood. Now if i could learn to call coyotes i could fit in here :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

iahntr

You don't hafta "learn" to call coyotes to fit in here,  :nono:
this place would be pretty quiet if everybody was done learnin.  ;yes;
You like to get outdoors, and swap some stories, ya fit right in.
Scott

vayotehowler

I have always been made welcome here and check everyday like most of us check in at least once a day

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls