• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Shotgun coyote in a 100 acre clear pasture field

Started by kyfuzzyface, November 07, 2011, 09:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyfuzzyface

Well me and Ole Joe got out again Sunday Morning for a couple of standsand the luck is still all with Joe

Had one coming straight for us as we was on or way to the first stand, I couldn't get him to stop until he was going in the side of a barn and i didn't have a shot

We setup in the middle of a 100 acre cattle pasture overlooking a pond. Abound 20 mins in the setup this young male came running down the fence line on Joe's side and he let him have it with a load of dead coyote T shot, from the 870 He droped like a rock about 30 yrds out, I was useing the AR and Joe just had the right setup

11Joeshotguncoyote024.jpg[/IMG]
This was the tree we was setup on

Made a couple more stands @ another farm with no takers. looks like that may be it until deer gun season is over

This was the tree we was setup under

can you beleive a shotgun coyote in a open 100 acre pasture field
Fuzzy

centerfire_223

I have noticed around here they don't mind coming out into the open fields. But get around coyotes that have had a lot of pressure and getting educated, those are the ones that don't like to come out in the open.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

riverboss

Nice job! :yoyo: In my opinion coyotes are like women you never know for sure how the will react you just know eventualy they will.

KySongDog

Congrats to 'ol Joe!   Luck is the most important ingredient to hunting, me thinks. 

I'm looking forward to seeing 'ol Joe and Biscuit again at the next LBL. 

And you too, Fuzz.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 08, 2011, 05:43:31 AM
Nice job :yoyo:
I like the Predator Quest Shotgun too :congrats:

Yea, We made sure we got the (EYES) in that photo. Cool  :wink:
Fuzzy

coyote101

Way to go guys.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congrats on a job weel done.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

kyfussy and ole joe,

Way to go.  Good shooting with the shotgun!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Biscuit

Way to go Ol' Joe :yoyo: :yoyo: Fuzz me and joe have had more luck with shotguns in open fields than we have in the woods.. Congrats to you and him! All that trap shooting in the past has really paid off, he can flat roll a coyote getting out of the area faster than anyone i have ever seen :wink:

Semp cant wait to be back at the LBL hunt this year!!!!!! Me and Ol'joe are planning a little adventure down there around Dec. 10 if you are interested. Just a one day hunt nothing special.

KySongDog

Biscuit
I be interested.  :yoyo:   Lets talk when we get closer to the 10th. 

deerdad

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"

jeremy

Hey Joe, were those 3" or 3.5". I am getting ready to invest in a DCC and hevi shot but cant decide on which to use. I have heard the bigger throws holes in the pattern. Has anyone done much patterning with both. 
Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne