• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hey Slagmaker

Started by FinsnFur, January 07, 2012, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Your sending me private messages telling me that your private messages dont work and you cant read any incoming messages. :confused:

Now I have to ask this...what makes you think that if I reply to your private message you'll be able to read THAT one? ROFLMAO :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Well  I figure you were such a guru that you could get it fixed and I would be able to see the reply. OR at least that is what I figured when I sent the first message. Come to think of it you did reply to that message. HHHMMMMMM wonder why you replied to it if I couldnt read it?

Any way I cant read my messages. I can send them but cant read incomming messages. I does nothing when I click on the message link. or if I open them in a new tab or window it just give me a copy of my inbox.

I have logged out and logged back in but the problem still persists. Any suggestions oh soon to be kidnapped one?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

slagmaker

Hey I cleared some cookies and my problem has gone away. Now I can read everything  like I should.

by the look of it the problem must have been on my end

FinsnFur

Well, your first message to me said, "Hey Jim. I cant open my messages. It will let me see my message index but when i try to click on a link to open a messsage nothing  happens".

So I answered by asking you what messages you were talking about. It was so vague I had nothing to go on other then the fact that it came from someone named slagmaker.
I said messages, that you post?...or messages that you subscribe to?...or private messages being sent to you?...or private messages that you send out?
Then I asked you to give me a couple more hints. :wo:

And you replied with something like, yeah I can see you messaging me but I cant read it.
roflamo :laf:
So I wondered if you wanted me to keep replying in private message or what. :doh2: :alscalls:

Anyway umm, I guess unless a bunch of people come forward and say the same thing is happening to them and their private messages, I'm going to assume you broke your computer.
So yeah, being the guru that I am your right I can probably fix it so you can read that message, but I'm going to need a little more time. I'll have to get some things together, make sure the fuel oil is filled for the furnace, round up some clean cloths, tell the post office to hold my mail, and drop off a key at the neighbors house, and then I can head down. :doh2: :laf:

When did it start doing this?
Have you installed anything on your computer lately?
What browser are you using?
Are you running anti-virus?
Is it kept up to date?
How do you know?
Is it only the private messages link opening a new message that doesnt work?
Have you noticed anything else funky happening with your computer.
Are you SURE that when you view your private messages your viewing your inbox? Look to the left.
How many private messages do you have in your inbox? is it full?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Ah it was on your end?
Ohh ok :laf:  :wink:  I thought it was me.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

It started doing it this morning. Havnt installed anything latley. It was private messages that were sent to me. I am runing Vista, I have avast for antivirus and I update it every weekend. I am running explorer 8. My keyboard does kind of smell funky :huh:. It was only the messages link that wasnt working to my knowledge I went through and deleted a bunch of messages after I could get the page to show me my messages. 

Heading down this way sounds great. But how about I just bring it to the LBL sense it is only a couple weeks away and you can work on it there

But I guess that now that it is working you wont need to fill the furnace tank, find clean clothes, get the post office to hold your mail or drop off a key with the neighbors.... Dag gummit looks like i need to get my computer messed up again so you have to go to the LBL :biggrin: I willl do my best to FUBAR it and get back with you :alscalls:

KySongDog

Vista?  I think that might be your first clue, Slag.   :laf: