• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Peaceful Morning In The Deer Stand

Started by weedwalker, October 03, 2012, 11:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Went out to my stand for a couple hours this morning. Had a big doe step out of the weeds at 25 yards. I picked up my bow and waited for a good shot. A few seconds later her 2 young fawns followed her on out. So I gave her a pass. She eventually walked back into the woods across in front of me. But her fawns were playing and running circles around me for 10 minutes or longer. The  noise in the background is the neighbor stripping coal about 500 yards away. It sounded like he was 30 yards away.
Click on the picture and watch the video.  :biggrin:

KySongDog

Looked like a couple of overgrown jackrabbits.   :laf: 

And you let the doe walk........you have a kind heart, Ed.    :nono:

FOsteology

I spent the morning in a pop-up blind myself. All I seen were some squirrels!

Hidehunter

Its always nice when something comes in and gives ya some entertainment.  Looks like you have a nice stand there!!
Denver                                           

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  Cool video Ed!! Thanks for sharing!!

That's a nice stand you got there. Do you keep it mowed off like that?
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Quote from: HaMeR on October 03, 2012, 05:05:02 PMDo you keep it mowed off like that?

There was about a 1/2 acre clearing in the middle of the woods. It was all shoulder high weeds and briars. I drove all over it with my ATV to break it down 1st, then mowed it. I sowed it in white clover but waited a little too late in the year. It's just started growing and is only about a 1/2" tall. But there is some new grass growing up that the deer are coming to eat. It should be a really good stand next year when the clover gets a good start. It's a secluded spot surrounded by woods about 1/2 way between their bedding area and the big fields they go into at night. It should be a good spot to catch them going either way.

riverboss

Those suckers look fast Ed! :laf: I bet you had fun watching, i know i did and i wasnt there.

Dave

Nice video!  It'd be tough shooting them suckers with buckshot.  They were flying.

HaMeR

Perfect setup Ed.  There's still some time for the clover to grow too. 70* days & some rain & it should shoot up a little more yet this year.  Good Luck!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

That's fun watchin them little suckers when they play around like that.  :laf:
Nice  :congrats:
Scott

Carolina Coyote

That's what hunting is all about, seen that scene a hundred times and never get tired of it, good spot for the stand and sooner or later gonna pay off. Thanks for sharing. cc