• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Best mouse trap in the world!

Started by nastygunz, November 20, 2022, 08:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Yep, small enough to go in a mouse den and fierce as a wolverine.

On a side logging road off the Trans-Canada Highway in the Selkirks, tracks in the snow showed where a weasel had chased a snowshoe hare at least a quarter mile down the road in unbroken snow.  The tracks left the road and I'd bet on the tiny weasel.

On my biggest mule deer, it took me ten or 15 minutes to sort out his tracks from a herd and find him.  When I got to the buck a weasel had claimed him.  It stood on the carcase and threatened me to back off; a few ounce fluff of fur defying a 200 lb. man with a centerfire big game rifle.  Feisty!

nastygunz

they are in an out of the wood pile all winter hunting mice

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

he is an early season one he isn't completely white yet.

FinsnFur

Well get him seasoned up and send him down.
I found a skeleton in the bottom of my wood pile this fall. I'm thinking it was either a feral cat or a rabbit. To mangled up to tell. I'm more interested in what took it in there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 22, 2022, 06:57:06 PMI found a skeleton in the bottom of my wood pile this fall. I'm thinking it was either a feral cat or a rabbit. To mangled up to tell. I'm more interested in what took it in there.

Without actually seeing the remains I can only guess that it was a Mountain Lion that stuffed it there or maybe a bear. I think they would be strong enough to move the wood and then get it back in place without you knowing and both have been known to cover their kills. Seems like it would be a great place to store food for later.

Hawks Feather

5 SHOTS

Quote from: nastygunz on November 23, 2022, 10:42:42 AMbigfoot?

Probably not
Jim didn't say anything about Jack link wrappers in the wood pile.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 23, 2022, 08:38:58 AMSeems like it would be a great place to store food for later.

:alscalls:  :alscalls:  Thats a splendid idea! I'm going to start packing wieners and hamburger patties down under there. I was thinking of some Snicker bars too, but I think they would melt when the sun came out and shined on the wood from the south side.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

nobody would ever find your survival stash in the wood pile!