• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Pistol cartridge rifles?

Started by Bowhunter57, May 25, 2007, 07:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhunter57

Does your state allow pistol cartridge rifles for big game hunting?

Indiana's DNR has a proposal on the table that will allow, with specific cartridge limitations, pistol cartridges for their deer gun season. :readthis:

I'd like to see Ohio adopt the same proposal, but the Buckeye State seems to be the last one to get on the band wagon for these issues.  :confused:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

KySongDog

In Kaintuckee, any center fire cartridge is legal for deer.  That's not to say you should actually use any center fire cartridge but it is legal here.

Semp

slagmaker

It appears that the new rules would be for lever action rifles chambered in specefic cartrages. The final vote isnt in here in the hoosier state so lets see what happens
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

awh

Virginia says....
Pistols and revolvers are lawful for deer and bear hunting only in those counties where hunting deer and bear with rifles is lawful. Cartridges used must be .23 caliber or larger and have a manufacturer's rating of 350 foot-pounds muzzle energy or more.
And some counties it's shotgun only. And no shotgun larger than a 10 gauge.

I wish they would let us use the .22 calibers for deer. I think Tenn. changed to that last year. I'd love to deer hunt with the 22-250, .223.....

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

I think Wis. is any centerfire larger then a 38  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com