• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ice Fishing, Where to go?

Started by securpro, January 02, 2008, 07:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

I know I should have probably put this in the fishing thread, but here goes anyway.

Today when I got home from work my kids asked if I could take them Ice fishing sometime (soon), :confused: I as any father would love to take his children ice fishing have only one problem and that is in the past couple of years the ice on the farm ponds here in northern Ky. have been a little to thin :rolleye: for my likeings. I am looking for a place to take the family ice fishing close to an airport(within 20 miles or so).My wife works for an airline and we are able to fly virtually anywhere anytime for almost nothing, :wo: so if anyone has an idea as to where I could take them I would greatly appreciate any info. 

Thanks,  Securpro 
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

I's stay right where your at, that thin ice normally makes for a pretty good feeding frenzy.
The water gets over oxygenated from the melting during the day and freezing at night, making the fish, "high" if you will.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

securpro

The past couple of years the ice has not been thick enough to get on or only frozen on the edges. would'nt really call that ice fishing, more like normal fishing just on a really cold day. :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nailbender

Ice is thick enough up here and I hear the fish are biting.  Check out Iowa's great lakes, Okiboji & Spirit

THO Game Calls

Fly right into Manchester Boston Regional Airport.  You are 15 minutes from Lake Massabesic.  Trust me, the ice is frozez solid.  There is a bait and sporting goods shop right at the lake and the fishing is excellent.

I don't ice fish.  Went once, caught about 100 pounds of ice, and the wife almost drowned trying to cook it.  No more.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Quote from: THO Game Calls on January 03, 2008, 01:00:06 PM
and the wife almost drowned trying to cook it.

:roflmao: Were gonna need a lil more on that one Al
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Maybe some pictures would help.   Like before and after. . . . .     :shck:

Jerry

THO Game Calls

So Jerry - are you asking to see a picture of my wife in a wet T shirt?

Pervert   :roflmao:
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Al,

I wasn't thinking of it that way.  My thought was a picture of the melted ice block again as ice - kind of hard to do.  But I like your version even better.

Jerry

Coulter

Well I would say comwe on up to Lake Erie, but the ice is still trying to form here too. We usually have a little bit of action by now, maybe in another week or two if the tempsa stay low like they are today.

There are a lot of places to go if you can get there that cheap Lake Simco in Canada is pretty good from what understand.

Steve

securpro

Lake Massabesic sounds pretty good and its only a 1hr and 50min flight from here, took me a minute to find it !  :wo: I was looking in Massachusetts but found it in New Hampshire  :laf: looks like a really nice lake. THO do you live in the area ? How do you know of this lake ? Thanks for the info   :biggrin:

securpro