• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Made some cubbies today. Video how I did it.

Started by Buckrun, October 04, 2008, 01:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckrun

I was playing around with my video camera today while making some mink cubbies. I guess that is what you would call them. I was thinking about making some out of wood but wanted to make them out of something that would last longer in the weather.

I have never made anything like these so really don't know if a mink will go in them. So any of you long time trappers let me know if I need to change anything. Or if a mink will even use a PVC pipe cubby.

Steve
[youtube=425,350]gn2SBeSVXwQ[/youtube]

FinsnFur

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. I'll bet it takes some hits on YouTube too.

I cant say for sure whether or not a mink will use a pvc pipe. I can't see why they wouldn't. I know they use the heck outta culverts.
Keep us up to speed on how they work out for ya. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Very interesting.  We don't have a lot of mink around here but I'd like an update on how they work for you.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Buckrun

I have been thinking about painting them black or brown. So they wouldn't stand out so much to a possiable trap thief and they would look more like a log or something to a mink.

I don't know if I will have any problems with fur / trap thieves or not pack where I am trapping. I hope not

Steve

frshwtr

my puter isnt working right or something, the video keeps stopping and starting so i didnt  watch the whole thing. what i wanted to say is i use basicly the sme thing but in our area there are quite a few white pipes (for field drainage) along the creeks, mink use them so yes you can catch mink in them, i'v dont it. if useing bait and/or lure be prepared to catch some coon also.  when trapping public land remember to take them out when done trapping because this is considered littering. have fun.

Hawks Feather

I have no idea if the mink will use it or not, but I did enjoy watching how you made them.  Keep us posted when trapping season starts.

Jerry

iahntr

Looks good !
Thanks for takin the time to make the video
and sharin it with us.
  Scott
Scott