• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Todays catch

Started by nailbender, November 07, 2008, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

Quick pic from today now that I finally got my phbucket straightened out. 2 coons , 1mink and the missing beaver.   I snared the beaver three days ago and he tore the stake out with 2 ft of bank. :madd: He tangled in the grass this morning and finally made it to the truck. :laf: Sorry no good pics from the line, it was a blizzard out there!

pitw

Right on :yoyo:  Look's like you keep your truck a lot better organized than I.  Alway's nice to get the one that got away.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nailbender

:laf: I was thinking it needed to be straightened up! One of those coon pulled the stake this morning too. I saw the catch circle but no critter, went down to dig around for the trap and saw him tangled up 15 ft away! Dang stakes just aren't holding this year.

FinsnFur

Nice line of fur ya got there. :eyebrow:

It's gotta be like getting a bonus check when ya walk up on an empty catch circle, and then spot your harvest several feet away hung up :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

:laf: I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em!

Randy Roede

Bender, nice looking coon, reminds me off the fur days from Iowa.

Ground awful wet that why they are pullin those stakes up???

You runnin a snare line in the ditches? If you are I always had more of a issue of stakes being pumped with the shorter snares , tried 42" one year, and setting them on a incline, if they could get above the stake and the ground was wet it was a problem. If the wind was howlin all nite they always fought a lot harder too. Those shorter snares increased the upward angle of pull even on level ground. If the ground is really saturated it's tough no matter what you do, earth anchors hold but that's a lot of hassle pullin etc after a catch with the circle ruining the set. You can go to longer snares and ruin the trail with the bigger catch circle or use kill poles.

You tell Jim Hi. this time of year I miss that farm country!!!! How;s the coon population?? Coyotes??

cathryn

great job!!

isnt it funny how the truck always starts out neat and orderly but in a couple weeks its turned into organized chaos?  :biggrin:

nailbender

That's it! I'm going to earth anchors!! :madd:  Should have been seeing red fur this morning instead just red. I'm just handing out jewelry to the critters! Trap and stake, Gone, no tangle up luck today!

pitw

You could try cross staking.  I haven't lost a coyote since I went that way.

nailbender

The more I think about it,,,,, :confused: the hole was closed up.  There may be a teed-off badger in there.?  May have to grab a bigger shovel and go back! :laf:

FinsnFur

Oh that should prove interesting  :laf:
Do remember to take your camera :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nailbender

Couldn't talk the neighbor into digging it out. :laf: After he was just tellin' me how he and his brother did it before!  So ,, new plan, he's gotta come out sometime and I've got a surprise waiting. :eyebrow:  I'll keep you posted.

nailbender

Crappy day yesterday. Got to the one property and the guy  is discing the corn feild up . Spent 1/2 hour trying to find my trap. Pulled the rest of the sets. Missed a fox on a snare, good catch circle , don't know how he got away. Gave up on the missing trap by that hole after a lot of digging in the mud. Anyway after a hard days work, only one rat and a stinker to show for it.  :rolleye:

FinsnFur

Did you ever find your trap or did she go through the combine?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

I bought a metal detector at a garage sale for $10 and it has found me a few trap's I had misplaced.  Also an ejector out of a 22 this summer.  Cost more for batteries than the initial price but I hate losing trap's.

nailbender

Yeah I did find that set.  I was more worried about a stake going through a track on that CAT challenger than my trap. Big diff in price!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers