• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A great coyote book.

Started by onecoyote, July 11, 2009, 09:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onecoyote

I received the book "Coyote Man" the other day in the mail. Stayed up until 1:00 am this morning reading it. If you've never heard of the book, it's about a man named Ray Alcorn the man who invented modern day hand calling as we know it. Alcorn was from Bishop California where he learned to trap as a young boy, his family moved to Fallon Nevada where he was an animal control man.
In the early 40s he got a hand made call from a Paiute Indian from Wells Nevada, called and howled coyotes in that he documented. The book is full of stories any coyote hunter would enjoy.
Small World, my neighbor knew Ray Alcorn and bought his house from him in Fallon. I use to hunt many of the same areas Alcorn hunted in Nevada when he was hunting them but we never crossed paths, I never heard of him at the time. Wish I would have, because I would have made it a point to meet him. Check out the book, you won't be sorry.

coyotehunter_1

Sounds like a real good book... is it currently in print?

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BlueDuck

"$40."    I guess I won't be reading it any time soon.   Ill keep an eye out for a used copy......

onecoyote

You're right, $40 is a lot of money for most people nowadays. What you can learn from this book is worth every bit of that $40 though. An idea would be to go 50/50 with someone else and share the book as I doubt anyone would be selling it for less too soon. If you belong to a club, ask the club to buy it and share it with the members. Good luck.
Good Hunting