• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

a few recent pics

Started by BigB, December 08, 2009, 09:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

Huntings been a little tough this year.  Great conditions early on, but a little warm for temperatures and no ducks.  We had quite a bit of rain, so it made it hard for the farmers to get the crops out.  What a perfect spot if there were any ducks around.  We did have 10 ducks land in the dekes at first light, so it wasn't a complete waste.

The water was going down pretty fast.  This is the same spot, just 1 day later.

Fast forward about two weeks, and we've had freezing temps and all of the little water holes are now froze up.  So, I went to the local park where the birds like to use as a resting area, just to see if anything is in the area still.  Sunday morning, I watched in awe from first light, to about an hour and a half later.  It was wave after wave after wave of mallards landing in this area.  Neatest thing I have ever witnessed.  I was lucky enough to capture a few of the flights coming in.

There were also some geese in the area

One of them had some interesting colors

And a couple even had some jewelry on!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Silencer

that first hole looked sweet, too bad you didnt have the birds then. 

FinsnFur

That definitely seems to be the hot spot :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Shoot all those honkers ya can so they don't end up here.  :biggrin: Man them things are every where up here from spring to fall.  :madd: