• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ya know what I wanna know...?

Started by FinsnFur, August 01, 2010, 08:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

How come in the past whenever there was an oil related disaster somewhere, fuel prices shot through the roof?
And actually it didnt just happen when there was an oil disaster. Hurricanes or any natural disaster, sent fuel prices sky high.
Randy Reeves loses his dam mind, fuel prices went sky high.
The Will Craig Award becomes standard issue after a specified amount of time, fuel prices went through the roof.
PM gets caught selling advertisement space without a business license, fuel prices went up, up, up.

Yet, here we set with one of the ...quote...worst oil spills in world history...unquote, and it never phases public fuel prices one iota.

:confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

Sit back and watch, it ain't over yet.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

alscalls

Our gas has gone up over .20 per gal since this and I would expect the long term effect will be food prices..... I.E. seafood, or anything to do with the ocean.........     :argh:  I can not understand our govt................ If it were another country we would have spent Trillions of $$ capping it and called it a disaster relief something or other........ but since its our own Country...... Screw it.........  :confused:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

CCP

We actually had gas prices here drop a little during this oil spill. The oil spill itself will have no to very,very little impact on current oil prices.

The biggest impact will be in the future,not on loss of oil from the spill but more restrictions on oil drilling in general in open water. The loss of oil from the leak in the gulf was small on the scale of oil production. the spill will lower 2011 oil production by 80,000 barrels per day, which is less than one-tenth of 1 percent of the world’s oil production.

So despite the devastation being wreaked by the BP oil spill, the loss of the oil from one well is a drop in the bucket in terms of global oil production. The oil spill will only affect supplyâ€"and therefore pricesâ€"through the regulation that comes in its wake.

Our enemy here is the envoronuts, we need to be drilling closer to shore and open up more land based sites coupled with more refinery's. I suspect the BP oil spill will have effects on 2015 oil prices because of the evoronuts.

I do have to say I have been surprised so far this summer usually it jumps 70 cents to 1.50 higher just because of demand. The bad economy is causing more people to stay closer to the house decreasing the demand.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Yotehntr

Just my take on it but....  Always thought if everyone quit buying one brand of oil/gas they'd keep lowering their prices until folks couldn't resist.... I believe that's what we're seeing here.  I was going through a nearby town here a couple weeks ago.  There's a store there that used to be a BP... still has their "colors" on it though.  They have a big sign out front   "NOT A BP"    :laf:  I think their sales dropped off and they realized what was going on.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyotehunter_1

According to current U.S. Energy Information Administration data their findings show that for the past few months gasoline prices have been close to what they were this same time last year… but are on the increase. 

U.S. Energy Information Administration:
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp

It’s been a few decades ago but some of us can remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon and price wars were common between service stations, some places even gave trading stamps or discount coupons. Attendants actually pumped your fuel, washed windshields, checked the air in your tires and the oil in the motor, FREE. All this with a big howdy and a smile on their face, no tipping required.   

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

I'm wondering if were going to get hit with heating fuel costs this winter.
Our pump prices have dropped an average of 30 cents per gallon since this started. And they are actually their lowest in the bigger cities. For example here rural town USE were at 2.72.
In Madison, the Wi capitol..they are $2.59

That just aint right, considering the circumstances. In fact, it's so not right, it's scary.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Our gas dropped here a lil' bit too. I think were at $3.33.

5 SHOTS

I must be missing something somewhere. They just drilled a new well a few months ago near here. It is a Bakken well and the Bakken is supposed to be the biggest oil reserve so far. This well produces about average for Bakken wells in our area, about 1,000 barrels a day. Some of the wells farther east produce as much as 5,000 barrels per day but they usually die off pretty fast and then only make around 500 after around a year old. 80,000 GALLONS per day seems more believable. (80,000 gallons divided by 42 gallons / barrel =1904.76 barrels) Crude oil is around $75 / barrel give or take, and they are plugging a well that makes 80,000 barrels a day ??????? I could be wrong but My opinion is, if it made give or take $6,000,000 per day they would be finding a way to save the oil, not plugging it. My other thoughts are, could the media be padding the numbers a little???    Just something to think about.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

THO Game Calls

Gas prices are driven by supply and demand which is based on the production capabilities of refineries.   

This is an oil well, not a refinery. 

As long as there is a good steady supply of oil to meet the demands placed on the refineries by consumers, gas and heating oil prices will remain constant.  It is only when the supply of oil is less than what the refineries need to meet current demands, so they have to pay more for crude oil, or the demands placed on refineries by consumers exceeds what those  refineries are capable of producing,  that gas and heating oil prices go up.

Remember, we drill new oil wells all the time.  We have not built a new refinery in over 20 years.   Refineries are one of the big the keys to gas and heating oil prices.   

(the above precludes manipulation by speculators, greedy oil men and corrupt politicians, who can also play a huge role in what we pay for gas and heating oil)

Much as it pains me to say it, I highly doubt anyone at PM has the weight to manipulate oil prices.    Though they might have been able to use Redfrog to PLUG the leak.    If he would have fit in the pipe?

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results