• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Temporary Chat

Started by FinsnFur, January 07, 2011, 09:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Then your either typing your nickname differently then when you registered it or your password. If no one can remember their names, they'll most likely have to use a different name every time like Barry.

This is a beautiful example of why cookies (data files placed on your computer by web sites) are so important. The forum cookie will remember your name and password and all your read posts for you...so you can actually forget who you are  :alscalls: Thats sounds crazy.

But the chat doesnt. You log in--- you chat---- you log out--done deal.
I'm gonna get some black sharpies, and write everyone's name on their underpants waistband. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

I see no place to put in a username or password. I click on the link and tells me I have an error. 
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Jimmie in Ky

All I got was a blank , black screen. Won't accept any type or anything else for that matter . So I guess I have two corpses hanging around in there. Jimmie

slagmaker

Mine has a little grey box with "error 1 of 1"

5 SHOTS

I just tried again. I typed in " 5 SHOTS " then typed my password " ******* " , and clicked submit. it said " choose a new nickname ". It will not let me any farther.  :shrug: :confused:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Jeb

where is the chat button? How do you even try to get in ?

FinsnFur

WOW!
It's like for some it works like a dream, and others dont even know it's exists cause it wont load. :laf:
Let's try updating your flash players first. It sounds like we got several people running software and computers from the Johnny Cash era again.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  <<<<--yes it's free.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jimmie in Ky

All downloads done and still nada dang thing, screw it. Let me know when ya git er fixed. Jimmie

pitw

This is gonna be good :innocentwhistle:.
  Jimmie if'n I can get in I'm sure you can as you got more grease to slide around the cracks :alscalls:.
  What do you get when you hit the boss's link to chat over in the tailgate?
  Remember I'm here to help as I sure enjoy chatting with you and Bobby has been asking where you are :doh2:.
  So let's get you in even if you have to jump through Jims hoops to do it :yoyo: :yoyo:.
  Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Yeah there's not much for me to fix.
The only real difference here is it's not integrated with the forum. But all that does is log you in there if your logged in here.

And it's a newer version. So it could be that some outdated machines arent going to be compatible with it unless they are upgraded too.
Try updating Internet Explorer, or Firefox, whichever you use. Update the flash player. (link above)
Maybe some of your virus scanners are not liking it.

Short of scheduling a couple seminars two nights a week, and buying everyone a new machine, I'm not sure what else to do. :laf: :laf:

Slag were you ever able to use the old chat?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Slag had Becky on a date so I'm guessing he could :laf: :laf:.

slagmaker

Yeah I could use the old chat fine. I will try upgrading my adobe flash player when I get home tonight. I belive my flash player is up to date though.

Jimmie in Ky

All I get is empty screen , no where to write even shows up. The options panel functions somewhat and that is about it. I have all the latest versions of everything and no soap so far. Jimmie

golfertrout

thats all i get to Jimmy so dont feel left out :madd:

Jimmie in Ky

Still nothing but empty screen with buddies corner and nothing else.

securpro

I can get on but nobody is there :wo: It's got a lonely feeling about it  :huh:  How can you tell there is anyone there unless you sign in? :shrug:

I was able to get on and chat with pitw for a while !
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

pitw

Quote from: securpro on January 10, 2011, 07:40:17 PM
I can get on but nobody is there :wo:

Nobody eh :nofgr:.  Oh well I guess I been called worse  :innocentwhistle:.

securpro

:laf: :laf: Sorry Barry I meant just then, I just checked the chat when I came back in from splittin wood and found my self all alone  :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Jeb

Same here nobody seems to know when others are in chat.  :confused:

pitw