Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

I'm watching all I have time to watch, and enjoying it a bunch.   I especially like the swimming events and the volleyball competition.  Our kids are making us proud.  I believe our basketball team will do the same.  Go U.SA.  :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

I've been watching some too.  I can't believe the courage of those girls gymnasts when they are on the balance beam???  Makes me nervous just watching them.  Then the story of the woman who won the gold in judo.  Great story!   I also enjoy the vollyball and the swimming!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Todd Rahm

I always try to watch. Even down loaded an app for my phone to watch them live.

Ladobe

I used to be a huge fan when I was younger, tried to watch them cerimony to cerimony and as a many eventa as possible, both winter amd summer O's.   Can't seem to get into them much anymore, not for a long time.   No idea why exactly - have the time, just don't go looking for them, don't try at all to keep track of what's coming up and when it will be televised.    :shrug:

I guess because I haven't been real big on watching any sports on the tube for many years, don't even bother with watching the tube at all very often despite not much pressing I have to do 24/7/365 for many years now.   :wo:

For this one so far I've mostly just caught it in the wee hours of the night for something to do 3 or 4 times.   Just happened to catch some of the China and Brazil womens volleyball in the wee hours this morning.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

KySongDog

Girls beach volley ball is one of my favorites!!    :eyebrow:

linemansteve

No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

possumal

Semp, you better watch having those dirty old man tendencies. You might start a forest fire down there in western Kaintucky.  :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

Olympics are awesome..just watched the women's 400 meter relay smoke the Jamaicans and set a new world record!!!

THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETE!....IN YOUR FACE CHINA!!

" Eaton Wins Gold Medal in Decathlon
Jed Jacobsohn for The New York Times

LONDON â€" By the time Ashton Eaton finished, after he dashed and hurdled and jumped and vaulted, after he completed 10 grueling events in two very long days, he struggled to stand up straight. He paused at the final finish line and bent over, hands on knees, gasping for breath.

The decathlon will do that to a man.

Even the world’s greatest athlete.

Eaton staked his claim to that mythical title Wednesday and Thursday at Olympic Stadium, as he accumulated 8,869 points to secure the gold medal."

FinsnFur

I caught some of the girls running tonight too.

One of the runners from Ethiopia they said had left the country and went to Sweden, married a Swedish gentleman, and decided to represent the Swedes in the Olympics.
Ethiopia found out and they took away her cell phone, canceled her passport and threatened her family. Basically forcing her to reluctantly run and represent Ethiopia.
That's just not right.  :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I have been watching the 8-12 p.m. recaps and a few times during the day.  I really enjoy the summer games better than the winter, but maybe that is because I have never done any of the winter sports.  Falling on your butt when on ice is not an olympic sport but I am pretty good at that.  The amount of training that goes into getting ready for their individual events is unbelievable.

I watched the BMX races last night and learned that if you aren't the first one at the first jump you are probably going to lose.  Why not just let them race down the ramp and whoever is first at the bottom wins?  It would save a lot of wrecks.  At the same time I kept thinking that big people on little bikes just looks awkward. 

Jerry

possumal

Jimbo, I agree that it isn't right to force an athlete to represent their country of birth.  The other side of that issue is athletes who make millions playing in America, i.e. NBA, and even have homes here, but their patriotic side leads them to represent their native country in the Olympics.  Somehow, that doesn't seem 100% right either.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff