• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL v.s. Predator Masters

Started by FinsnFur, August 15, 2006, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Mr McCasland has made a post over there confirming what most of us have been wondering. They will not be sponsoring the LBL Hunt this year.

While that in itself may cause some mixed emotions for some, along with perhaps any misinterpretation of the thread it's self. I need you guys to realize that it's actually a very good situation.

The LBL was never ABOUT  Predator Masters, and it certainly wasn't about this board, since it's so new. But in the end this could all end up creating a huge board war if played through in correctly.

I actually commend McCaslands post over there for outlining that they had absolutely nothing against the hunt, just that they couldn't include it in their sanctions.

CCP, Brent and I have been talking about how to handle this if both boards decide to organize this hunt, and the only sane solution I could come up with was that as long as the dates were the same then we would have two places for the attendees to discuss the hunt. If the dates get out of sync, someone's going to have huge problems.

Never the less, they have let the hunt go with no hard feelings towards it harbored from either side, so let's move on and keep the tradition alive. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I'll second that. The high road has been taken by both boards, as it should be. :congrats:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

studabaka

Yup....little guys like me know little of politics. Just look forward to the opportunity to hang with some brothers, eat some awesome chili, and learn a bit from the guys that have been there and done that.

I don't know much of the history either, but from what I have pieced together there were four or so guys that hunted the lbl and were the type of guys that recognized a good thing AND wanted to share it with others. Sanctioned/unsactioned, sponsored/unsponsored, my motivation is to have the opportunity to be on a few stands with guys that can show me and teach me things I don't know. That we can swap stories and build friendships and plant the seeds for future hunts with folks I have yet to meet.

I only hope I have the opportunity to say hey, face to face, with some of these guys and hopefully they might be willing to drag along a newbie on a few stands.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

canine

That's what it's all about studabaka!!! :yoyo:

Hope to see ya there!

JD

stevecriner

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

newbomb

what are the dates for the lbl im in southern indiana and am interested in going.

centerfire_223

Feb 3-5 I think. The first weekend of Feb. that part I do know.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

slagmaker

Details I need details :confused: you know the basic stuff. Its been a long time snese I have been down to LBL and I cant remember what all they had as inĀ  lodging and stuff what kind of lodging and stuff if people dont want to camp and would rather stay in a hotel and such. :readthis:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Bopeye

Slag,
I'll private message you my phone number. I'll tell ya everything I know about the place.
Best I can do buddy. :wink:

slagmaker

Got your PM will have to get with you in the next day or so and see what info I can get from ya.

FinsnFur

We'll make a post here shortly, with the phone number for Wranglers Campground, and some nearby places for lodging.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Okie dokie........there's others on here that can probably tell you more than I can. Kee, Jimmie in Ky, KyRay, coyotehunter1, Mallard, etc. A bunch of these boys go there quite often.

Dover Inn is as good a place to stay as any. They have some really nice cabins you can rent as well. Stuff like heat, indoor plumbing that sorta crap is always appreciated by some.
Wranglers campground is a little more.......uh......how should I say it....."primitive".
Yeah.......that's the ticket.

Bopeye

If I would have typed and sent my last reply after reading Jim's post.........that means I would be able to type over 80 words per minute. Dang.......I'd make someone a good secretary.  :huh:

slagmaker

Well sense I cant get to a phone and call Bopeye I figure I would just post a few of my questions and see what kind of answers I get

Question
1. How much for an out of state license? I am comming down from Indiana and will need to get a license for KY.

2. How much for a permit on LBL property? I know how much it used to be like 20 years ago but I bet that has changed.

3. Side arms. I always carry a side arm with me whenever I am in the field "unless it is against regs during whatever active season it is" I have a concealed carry permit for IN is it good for KY or sense LBL is state property is it even legal to carry a side arm?

3. Just exectally what will be in season? Of course yotes and I know that cats will be out of season then but what else is open?

4. Are there any firearms restrictions ie... caliber and such?

Hey I may be able to look most of this stuff up myself but why not have it here for the new guy to find. And besides sometimes I get lazy. :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

yeah, Bopeye...you gonna make us a post with some of this info readily available or what?
Sheeeeesh :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

StrayCat and Bopeye....thanks for the replies. Just what the doctor ordered.
I chopped em off this topic and used them to start a new one in here called LBL Details

...on your behalf  :eyebrownod:

Did I say thanks  :huh:
Thanks!  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Let's see.....chopped off my posts......put 'em on another post.......and thanked me for it? Okay......your welcome, but it seems to me you did all the work.....I just mouthed off as usual. That little survival kit is a real deal though folks.........you can cover a lot of ground before ever even seeing a road. Get hurt or lost out there.......could get rough in February.  :wink: