• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Red??

Started by FinsnFur, July 16, 2020, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Not for me, thanks anyway LOL.

When I worked at the Cabela's Distribution Center here I think I had the coolest boss in the world. It's been many many years since and I've kept in touch off and on and finally started running into him on the river. What a coincidence. He told me about some of his favorite spots. Places that I didn't know existed and wasn't sure if I could get to on my kayak. And even a couple Maps.
He keeps telling me about catching some nice bass and Pike on red jigs.
Tonight I was out in the shop pouring some more plastics and I thought to myself, I'm going to make Dan a batch of red for showing me some of his river maps. Just as a token of appreciation and hopefully I'll run into him again out there.
I messaged him a picture of them to make the whole hand off little bit easier LOL

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

That was mighty thoughtful! They kinda look like candy!  Is it just me or is it every time you send a picture there seems to be more molds in the picture?  :innocentwhistle:

Hawks Feather

Now that is a great way to say thanks to someone who helped you out and likes to fish.  But I think you should toss a couple of the red ones just to prove to yourself that they really don't work.

FinsnFur

I held a couple back Jerry to test his theory [emoji23][emoji23]

Nasty for a while there WAS a new mold in every pic LOL
Haven't bought one for several months now though

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

Two comments re red lures:

A guide in northern Saskatchewan preferred red or red-orange soft bodied jigs, which surprised me.  Before I met him and was fishing on my own, I had my best luck on walleye with chartreuse/black combos.  Red had not been great for anything but pike, but when fishing with him I caught walleye and lake trout on red lures, though it seemed to me that blue/silver/grey combos worked better for lake trout. 

Second:  I don't know why but suspect many fishermen agree that having confidence in a lure results in it catching many more fish, and having no confidence has opposite results. If you don't have confidence in red, don't spend a lot of time flinging it! 

But try the red and tell us if it catches fish.

FinsnFur

I definitely can confirm the confidence theory, Clyde. Switching to something I'm not sure about doesn't last long and we got to wonder why we don't give it a chance LOL

I did try the red today. I put it off to the very last minute cuz I have zero confidence in it. Once it was on it felt like I was wasting my time but I toughed it out for 20 minutes and then took it back off LOL

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

I agree with Clyde too. Around here I always end up with a silver spinner on a white spinner body & white skirt. I have days when the Mepps gold spinner with a bucktail & red streamer in it works very well. But I'll always end up with the white/silver spinner on the end of the line. I need to figure out how to post pics here from my phone sometime.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

remrogers

Have found I catch more brown trout on brass lures and more rainbows on silver. Favorite lure, for rainbows, is a Thomas Buoyant in rainbow pattern with silver on the concave side.