• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What's your average????

Started by centerfire_223, September 29, 2006, 06:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I was wondering what the average stand to call in ratio would be for us eastern hunters. I know out west it is pretty low.

If I remember from last year, I took me about 15 stands before I called anything in. So far this year I have brought that down to 1 in 9 stands. But the season is far from over and it definitely could get better or worse.

I was just curious as to what others are doing in the area.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Tough to average the way it varies.
One stand might produce a double, then your dry for the next 12.

Wild shot in the dark, I'd puff a guess of 1 outta 10 maybe.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Would be hard for me to average also. I have had 3 for 3, 5 for 10 and 20 to 30 sets for 0. Public land will also throw a curve of sorts in the mix, the first open weekend will usually be much better and drop off from there. More hunters in the woods rabbit,coon and deer hunters.

If I run and gun the number of stands will increase and the number called in will decrease. So far this year not bad 5 sets 1 fox and 1 bobcat I expect them numbers to hold until deer season in two weeks then drop off.

If I had access to private land only year around, I would think my numbers would be 10 sets 5 yotes 50/50
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jimmie in Ky

On private property I can do one in four. But it takes a lot of scouting, locating and doing my homework with the photos to do that. You have to keep some sort of map to keep the locations in your head.

I say take it as it comes . We have a lot going against us here. Access problems, more people in the woods for all sorts of things, are the major ones. I would have to take off my socks and shoes and yours too ,to count the number of times I have had bird or squirrel hunters bust a good stand for me. Had coyotes in the brush coming when a whistle broke the silence!

It could be worse, we could all be stove up and unable to even get out there  :biggrin: Jimmie

keekee

Its a tough adverage for sure! We did well last year, even out of state hunts went well.

So far this fall first day I made three stands called two coyotes. The next day 6 stands and called 0, seen one though. But this day was in all new area I had never hunted or scouted, I expected that. And I was cold calling and the run and gun.

I hope to change all that in the morning! :biggrin:

Brent

FinsnFur

Quote from: keekee on September 29, 2006, 04:50:22 PM
The next day 6 stands and called 0, seen one though. But this day was in all new area I had never hunted or scouted, I expected that. And I was cold calling and the run and gun.

I hope to change all that in the morning! :biggrin:

Brent

Yeah we hope you do too!  :sneer:
Otherwise dont be bringin that crap round here  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com