• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Show off your predator rifles

Started by wvmtnman506, October 08, 2006, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

CHET!!!!!!!!!! You said you weren't going to show them the secret weapon....... :nono:

That's funny........... :roflmao:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

Whoops…Sorry, :shck: wrong photo… That’s Bopeye’s grenade launcher!  :laf:  :rolleye:

:biggrin:

Here’s a couple of my WMD’s:
“Old Reliable” a first issue 222 Remington model 700 ADL. Factory 20” barrel, stocked: American Walnut.

“Silver Streak” my 22-250 Remington model 7 SSLS (also with 20” tube).
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

pruson

Browning Micro Hunter "A" Bolt 22 Hornet with a Leupold 4.5x14x50 Heavy Duplex

TNyoteboy

Remington model 700 .223, 4-12x40 Tasco

Remington model 700 .243, Swift 4-12x40 (now), Beretta A390 12ga magnum

Marlin 925M .22 mag, BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40

Colt Match HBAR .223, Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40
Great hunter...Yes?....Yessss
Fine figure of a man?....Yes
That is all you need to know...for now!

Ladobe

Now that's a challenge (since I have so many).    :wink: 
Dug up a few old pictures of some of them, but missing are pics of most of the 17's and 17 wildcats I was using before switching back to traditional black powder hunting for predators about 3 1/2 years ago.

Here's a few anyway...

Bullberry 17HMR for fox.

Cooper Classic 17 Ackley Hornet

Browning High Wall 22 Varminter

Brownig Low Wall 22 Hornet

Contender Stealth w/custom 6X47 barrel, Choate folding stock.

Custom Sako/Douglas L461 Vixen 222 Rem

Semi custom Remington 700 VS 223 Rem

Have 15 ML's, but two 32's and two 36's are dedicated to predators and varmints.  This one is a semi custom TC Hawken 36 with 4X brass scope.    Also has 45 & 50 barrels, both flint/cap locks, several sight sets and a palm rest.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Ladobe

I know you said "rifles", but since I have been a serious handgun hunter for over 40 years, probably as much of my predator calling was done with specialty pistols as with rifles before I went back to black powder.     Have lots of TC's and lot's of custom barrels (don't ask), still a few bolters and several SAA's that were all used for predators and varmints.   Will just post a few...

Bullberry Contender - 17 Ackley Hornet

Bullberry/Bower Contender - 6.5 Super Bower

Custom Sako A1 - 6TCU

Custom Remington XP-100 - 223 Remington

Remington XP-100 - 221 Fireball

Larry

USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

:congrats: now those are some sweet lookers fer sure but that low wall hornet is just like mine and I love it  :yoyo:

studabaka

Larry, I am at a complete loss for words. Amazing
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

coyotehunter_1

Makes me want to get a new stock made for my factory XP-100. Simply beautiful !
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Ladobe

Thanks gents.   Don't have an exact count, but have around 60 firearms and dozens of custom wildcat barrels for the (do I dare say this...) 20 Contender frames.    About a dozen of them remain unfired and NIB because I bought so many new higher end toys while I was bored at home convalescing from the accident for months, and then never got around to shooting them.    :rolleye:

Ed - The LW Hornet was a favorite until I got my three 17 Ackley Hornets 6-7 years ago.   The 17AH all but retired all of my 22 Hornet rifles and pistols because it does so much more so much better.    The 17AH is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.   But my favorite 22 Hornet of all is a 1949 BRNO ZKW with fancy factory wood I finally found about 3 years ago after looking for a special one for about 45 years.   Grandpa taught me how to shoot with his Plain Jane 1949 ZKW Hornet in the early 50's, but had sold it before he died when I was 13.  Cost me way more the what the LW's go for even now, but I'm glad i finally found one.   Gave up looking for a spare clip for it though after 2 years of searching here, Canada, Europe and Oz (and they go for $200 or more anyway).

Chet -  Unfortunately, the best source for custom XP mid grip stocks dried up about 3 years ago due to retirement (was in his 80's).   As of about 2 years ago you could still buy inletted/roughed out blanks from him though, but he was shipping the best wood on a first come basis so have no idea what if any he has left.   Can dig out his contact info if you need it.    I have one out of figured walnut that I am making myself from scratch for my XP 7mmBR, and a couple of my XP's wear the old Fajen Victory stocks (which are now pretty rare and costly too).

USN 1967-1971

Todd Rahm

Man Larry theres some nice firearms with some serious wood there!!!! :congrats: I really like that bullberry 17hmr and the XP-100 .223. Those are darn toot'n sweet!   :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Bowhunter57

After purchasing my Rock River Arms A4, I wished I'd have purchased one years ago. Extemely accurate!
Wilson SS 16" Varmint barrel with a 1:9 twist, NM trigger, Hogue combat grip (green), 6-position collapsable stock (green), aluminum free-float tube, flat-topped upper with a Tasco Pro-Point.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

awh

Me & Lil-man will post a pic or three tonight. Cam is going to love this one... :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

awh

OK. Here's a couple of mine and all of Cams. He insisted...

Cams Win. .243 Mdl 70 with a camo Bell & Carlson stock on top. My Howa MDl 1500 in .204

My Savage Mdl 93R17 in 17HMR on top and Cams Savage Mark II in .22

My Marlins. Mdl 60 .22 on top and Mdl 25m .22mag on bottom.

My Mossberg 12 gauge Mdl 835 on top And Cams Charles Daily 20 gauge on bottom.

Cams NEF .410 on top, His H&R 12 gauge in middle and my Rem mdl 100 LT special 20 gauge on bottom.

And the group wouldn't be complete without Cams three Dasiy's. LOL The top one is actually fun to shoot. It will kill black birds way out there.

Also have a Rem Mdl 700 in 22-250 but the brother has it right now for the whistle pigs.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

HaMeR

Nuthin special. Just a 700ADL with a maple Richards MicroFit stock added on.

And a blown up groundhog!! :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

The Rock

Kimber 84M Classic Varmint 22-250

And a wrecked out coyote.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CypressSlough

Here's a couple of mine. Top Encore is a new 204 and the bottom is a 22-250.       Brian.

www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

ah mannnnnnnnn I love that thumbhole Brian :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers