• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

It works

Started by pitw, August 31, 2008, 10:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I think it's time to let Bob carry the gun!!  Sure wish I would have started coyote hunting that young.  He sure looks like a great kid!  Savor every moment pitw, they grow up really fast!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

SCcoyotehunter

I can't wait to take my son with me too. He's got a few years yet. He's just 2. Haha, but dads got big plans.

pitw

He doesn't get to shoot the rifle yet at coyote's as he can't hold it up and keep it steady and up here you have to be 12 to get a license.  I spend more time in one day hunting with my boy's than I spent hunting with my father in my life.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

I will howl with you and Bob, anytime.......WTG both of ya!! :congrats: I hope ol John did not get too cold up there with ya.. :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: alscalls on December 24, 2008, 08:29:24 PM
I will howl with you and Bob, anytime.......WTG both of ya!! :congrats: I hope ol John did not get too cold up there with ya.. :laf:

I thought he was chuckling beside me but it was probably just his teeth rattling.

FinsnFur

:laf: :laf: teeth rattling uh?  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Cold, yes.  But it is a "dry" cold - just like the inside of a freezer.

Jerry

LBLDOG

You just put the idea in my head,thanks I have took the 7 year old deer hunting,turkey hunting but not yotes yet and thats a great idea for my soon to be 8 and 6 year old boys to do and thats blow the calls for me AWESOME! I thought about pushing the button on the FOXPRO ,but... I like the idea better of introducing them to the hand calls . :yoyo:

pitw

Quote from: LBLDOG on December 25, 2008, 12:17:38 PM
You just put the idea in my head,thanks I have took the 7 year old deer hunting,turkey hunting but not yotes yet and thats a great idea for my soon to be 8 and 6 year old boys to do and thats blow the calls for me AWESOME! I thought about pushing the button on the FOXPRO ,but... I like the idea better of introducing them to the hand calls . :yoyo:

Taking them out and letting them be a major part of the hunt is so much more fun.  Just don't miss when they put one on your lap as this an unforgivable act akin to being called late for breakfast.  They never seem to forget the miss's :argh: :argh:

pitw

Well I took Jerry out with me today as I want to try all my call's.

I set up out on this slough [sorry there isn't more pic's but battery life and cold weather seem to go hand in hand] that border's highway 13 on the north and has willow's all around it. 

I blew on the little distess call and within 2 minute's a nice big coyote came out and stood 80 yd's away.  I gently squeze the trigger and felt that all to familiar shove of the gun into my shoulder as I heard CLICK again.  Chambered up a round and he was gone but I saw another off to my left just inside the willow's.  She stopped where I guess she thought she was hid [wrong] and I felt a better thud at the squeeze of the trigger.

I then went to a hay field a mile from town [I was going for the mail] and sat against a fence and let out with the distress again [go with what's working] and I truly don't know where he come from but within 5 minute's [before I could try the howl]  this fellow came galloping in and stopped dead at 60 yd's.

Thought you might want to see his head as I was done for the day I still have to go out and try the howler.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

"It works" indeed!!  Way to go!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: Awesome Barry........I would love to know how the howling works for ya up there......we arent getting any responses at all right now. :rolleye: With anything we try. :shrug:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls