• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

It was a good morning

Started by Hawks Feather, October 30, 2008, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I had thought that I would go hunting this week when I got back from Columbus, but found out that Sen. McCain was going to be in Defiance.   :shck:   It was something that I just couldn't pass up.  Just prior to leaving on Sunday the Toledo news station said that there would be another visit to northwest Ohio, but they didn't know where.  I went downtown yesterday morning and got my ticket (free, but required to get through the metal detectors) and came back home.  Then last night I got a call that said that I had been added to the VIP list and that I should look for it when I got there today.  (I can only assume that they found out that I hung out with great people at Fins and Fur and that is the reason for the VIP upgrade.)  I finally found that I was inside the inside the secondary barrier and was able to pick a spot just off of the stage.  My cousin was the one doing the intro for the first speakers (people running for local offices) and then did the intro for Sen. McCain.  Mrs. McCain started and did a very good job as did the Senator.   When he finished up his speech he made his way around the speaking area and I got to shake his hand. 

My cousin is the person onstage and just to the left of the American Flag.
Yea, I am kind of proud of Bob.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

That is a good reason to miss hunting for sure
I heard he will be in New Phila at Tuscora Park on Friday and like there it is free,and I am gonna have
to miss it.
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Silencer

I caught the tail end of that on XM radio today.  I thought Defiance sounded familiar.   You got to shake his hand ?  That dont happen everyday  :congrats:

FinsnFur

That would be cool.
I think the reason they publicly announce they dont know where is more for security isnt it?

Oh and yeah I'm sure your affiliation with FNF is what got you on the VIP list. There's not a doubt in my mind.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

That's really cool Jerry...Gov. Palin had a visit in Erie today too. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend :sad: That would have been nice to see, I heard it turned out really well. Maybe next time.

Steve

cb223

That's awesome Jerry. I would love to be able to attend an event like that. Unfortunately last I heard John and Sarah were not going to campaign in MI.

Steve that's to bad I would love to hear her speak! Besides that she's hot.

They are getting my vote!!!!
CHAD

Hawks Feather

The security on something like this is really amazing.  Not only did you go through metal detectors, but there were snipers on the roof of the school and the other roofs in the area.  Each sniper also had a spotter as well.  They are set up for several arrival routes and will usually finalize shortly before they are due to arrive.  The main route that his bus took from his arrival at Toledo airport to Defiance was route 24, but once they are close to town they pick the final route from several that have been laid out.  There are State Patrol and Secret Service in vehicles that surround the bus (and the assumption is that the "package" is in the bus, but can be in one of the suburbans just as easily) as it travels.  City and county law enforcement cover the intersections as the caravan entered and left the city.  While traveling, there will usually be a security car/etc. that will be on every overpass that the motorcade travels under.  As Senator and Mrs. McCain made the round to shake hands at the end there were two secret service in front of the Senator, on directly behind him, another that kept his hand on the Senator's hip (to be able to pull him from anyone that does anything stupid), two more secret service, Mrs. McCain with an agent directly behind her, one that follows with a hand on her hip, and a followup agent.  These were just the ones that were with them, there were probably another 10 to 15 that were in the stage area.  Needless to say, there were more on the school grounds as well.

Jerry

FinsnFur

It's amazing aint it Jerry.
I remember when Bush came to Prairie Du Chein which is like 15 minutes from me. They had military choppers flying around here all day and all night for like two weeks. Pretty rural area.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com