• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Obama isn't wasting any time

Started by weedwalker, November 08, 2008, 10:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=4227
"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In Friday, November 07, 2008 Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:
"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.
"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.
"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.
"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

FinsnFur

Does not surprise me a bit, not even a little bit.
And I can almost guarantee this is just the beginning
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

The Lies of Obama...........someone ought to write a book about them. 

With BO and the First Hoe in the Whitehouse and a left leaning Democrat congress in place, our guns and ammo will become extinct.   :rolleye:

No doubt about it.   

CCP

My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

––Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

What is sad is many people have some sort of blindness and think he and the left wing Democrats cant take there guns away.

I have had some say they voted for Obama because of the economy. In essence they voted for a candidate that will help take there freedoms away so they can have a few bucks in there pocket. Glad our forefathers didn't think that way.

If someone votes to help someone get elected that supports gay marriage, Guns banned,abortion, Muslims and higher taxes what can you really say to them to change there mind :wo: Seems they pretty much made there mind up for change "As in change America"

QuoteAnd I can almost guarantee this is just the beginning
Hate to admit it Jim but you are right. The worst part of it is he will keep getting the support of some of our own. On the grounds he is doing it to help the economy put money in there pocket. They in return will help vote away more freedoms so not to effect their check book.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Did we really expect any different?  :confused: :rolleye:

One of his mentors while he was growing up in Hawaii was a communist poet......  :shck: The man was a father figure to him.

He chummed around with a known domestic terrorist in Chicago.  :doh2:

His preacher of 20 years called us the U.S.K.K.K.A and that "GOD DAMN AMERICA"!!!

He supports infanticide in the state of Illinois. Voted for it three times. To those that don't know, that's when a baby is aborted but is still alive. They issue it a birth and death certificate according to Illinois law. Take it to the dirty linen area and leave it to die. This can take minutes up to several hours for the baby to expire.   :sad:

He's already talking about taking away our tax incentives which by all practical purposes will be a $1200 tax increase for me. HALLELUJAH!!!  :highclap:

I also paid $2.01 for gas this morning. I guess Obama did that, or was it Bush? Or was it what it always was.......out of our control.  :innocentwhistle:

I'll admit Bush should not have went into Iraq until we had completely annihilated Aphganistan, but damn at least he didn't deregulate banks like they did in the 20's that started the great depression. Clinton was the one that deregulated the banks that started the spiral.
I wonder if the Democrat controlled congress for the last couple of years is even remotely responsible for writing and passing bills?  :holdon:
Doesn't the president just sign it?  :readthis:

I'm stocking up daily. Have a few thousand rounds and many more on the way. It'll be awhile  before they take my "assault rifle". These local police all know me. The Sheriff was my coach.

It is for sure exciting times to be alive. Bible prophecy is being fulfilled at a rapid rate as well. I'm not talking that email stuff either. I'm talking the book of Daniel and Revelations.  :congrats: :biggrin:

I love you guys and wish you all well during our trying times.  :wink:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

In My opinion if we could help push for this

http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org/UPDATE/misc2008/Obama-USA-TODAY-ad.htm

Then we could get rid of this mole before he spreads a virus throughout the USA

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

I talked to a lady at the grocery store last night who's son is currently serving us over in Afghanistan.
She said her son called the other day after the election and he was so upset he was completely beside himself.

She said the he had told her that we as civilians back her are so totally unaware of what this means for him and the rest of the troops. He said there wasn't a troop over there that was taking this very well at all.
She says honey I understand but...
He cut her off and said, no, no you dont understand. I'm serious Mom. There's so much happening over this that you guys back home are kept from. You guys have no idea what you have done.

She started crying as she tried to finish her story with me.
Mannnnnn I felt so helpless :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

The ignorance and greed in this country are starting to embarrass me.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

HaMeR

:confused: So he is going to reduce the unemployment rate by forcing gun & ammo manufacturers out of business?

Ohio became a smoke free state a few years ago. Which means no smoking in restaurants,bars,on the job if you are indoors etc,,,etc. This came about because the non smokers did enough studies to know their vote rate was higher than the smokers vote rate. And now,, as anybody with half a brain knew,, the sandman is going to take away the 2nd Amendment in any way possible because too many gun owners said "He CAN'T take your guns away!!" And on top of that too many more didn't vote because "My vote doesn't count anyway." Or the new one I heard a lot this year, "The election is already decided by the computers we vote on."   :rolleye:  It's a sad day indeed.  :sad:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

Fight! Fight! Fight! ..........How do we set our plan for the battle to keep our rights?
We must start now! We Can not wait till it is too late.......We must do it together and post it on every forum!!! Lets play their game and fight!!! Whats done is out of our control but what do we do now? How do we prepare as they are I am sure.

Lets get a plan of action and tie up his every move with his own red tape.......
AL

HaMeR

The link doesn't work for me.  :shrug:

Got it!!  :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

I just sent this to Senator Brown in here in Ohio. He is a Democrat.

Senator Brown;

Hi. I am an avid outdoorsman & responsible law abiding citizen. I am also a registered Republican & I vote that way. Having said that I really need to express my concerns on the president elects plans to once again impose the clinton gun ban. Only this time he wants it to be permanent. The thought of this is not financilly feasible. With the unemplyment rate where it is today this will only cause more fine upstanding Americans to lose their jobs. When gun manufacturers close their doors good people will lose their jobs. When the 500% increase in ammuntioin & reloading components to law abiding citizens get imposed more fine Americans will lose their jobs. Now I ask you,, are you in Washington to put good Americans out of work or to put more good Americans back to work?

I am asking you to fight with me,, a Republican,, on this matter in an unbiased manner. We cannot afford to lose anymore jobs. And think of all the good people that hunt to eat.

Honestly I would rather teach my children to hunt than to have to hunt my children on the streets.

Thank You for your time.

Glen Shaffer
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

WTG Glen!!!!!!!! Thats what I'm talking about right there :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

Bopeye

I can't believe the sportsman that are defending Obama's stupid, gun grabbing, baby killing, queer loving, butt.  :madd: :rolleye: :doh2:

nastygunz

MANY of the sportsman hunters shooters i know here dont friggin vote :argh:.i can think of 5 of my close friends right off the top of my head who r bemoaning mccains loss but not enough to get off their asses and vote!....drives me wild but then they all bitch and moan about osama :madd:....as far as stockpiling ammo...wut if they ban lead :shck:.....as i said before im ashamed to be from new england the new throne of liberal left wingers!!

Bopeye

Nasty don't fret it too much. It's the way the country is headed. Too hell in a handbasket. Get mad because we call illegal immigrants.........ILLEGAL.  :wo:

BABY KILLING, Queer loving, God bashing, Tree hugging, gun grabbing, limp wristed, skirt wearing, tiny peewee, so called men.  :madd:

It's just frigging insane anymore. AND people think I'm the crazy one.  :rolleye: :iroll: :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

QuoteBe who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter...don't mind...And those that mind...don't matter.

I'm thinking Quote of the day here.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Yesterday, at the Sporting Clays range I overheard a group coming down the path teasing one young feller about making love to an Afro-American. He was emphaticly saying "no way!"  As he came close I said said to him "I take it you didn't vote for BO either?"  He replied "Nope, I didn't vote"   :argh:  I promptly showed him my longest finger alone & pointing skyward & said "Thanks a lot!"  :argh:  His group then proceeded to make the rest of his day miserable.  :biggrin:

At work lately my middle fingers have been getting a bit of air time showing my appreciation for non voters.  Our shop is all white males.  Having read on Nov. 5th that minorities & women were responsible for getting BO in I've lost a lot of respect for the non-voting white males.  What a waste of the blood shed by our forefathers to ensure our right to vote!  :mad3:

Now for the WMs that voted for BO I realize they aren't women so they most be a minority. The only WM that could be a minority would have to be ...... gay!  :puke: