• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bears doing lunch, Alaskan style

Started by Tikaani, November 10, 2008, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Have not written in a while, thought you would enjoy this.  Date: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 8:43 PM. 
This picture from a geologist on Kodiak. He took the picture from a plane while en route to a job site.
These bears are feeding on a whale carcass. He said there were at least as many on the hills outside of the picture.

John,
Hunt hard, die tired
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

WoW that is an incredible sight :congrats: :congrats:

They had a show on TV the other night showing us how Alaskan Bears are becoming more more dangerous around humans.
I didn't know they were ever safe :confused: :laf:

It was interesting though. They put a guy with a video camera inside a plexi glass box and then baited the bears to him :sad3:

Awesome pic there Tikaani
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bopeye

That is AWESOME!! I want to see some bears for sure, but if that many show up I do hope you have a M2 mounted on the ARGO.  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bopeye

One more thing. I've been watching a series the last few weeks on the Idititirod. It shows nearly nothing in the way of wildlife and these guys are going through the middle of Alaska.  :wo: Those guys get sleepy, them and their dogs go to sleep in the middle of nowhere and nothing bothers them.  :confused:

Are there a bunch of folks around all the time that keeps them safe? Maybe it's the dogs? Whatever is going on, I'd have to be darn sleepy to just crash out like they do. Any ideas on how they get away with it.  :confused:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

alscalls

Cool pic........whens trappin season for ya?
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Neat picture.  The news has been carrying stories about how the are quite a few Killer whales that can no longer be found and now we know where they are going.

Jerry

possumal

Great pictures. That is sure beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff