• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

22 rifle recommendation?..pic added

Started by cathryn, December 16, 2008, 07:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

im looking to get my son a 22 for Christmas. i want something in a semi automatic but reasonably priced.

you guys got any suggestins?

i got him a 12 guage last Christmas and he has a hand me down 30-06.

cb223

I have a 10/22 and love it but I saw a Marlin in the sale ads for around $100 I am remembering correctly.
CHAD

HaMeR

The Marlins are usually very accurate with 2 or 3 types of ammo. I really like them. That would be my recommendation. HTH  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

Hard to beat the Ruger 10-22s.  Tons of aftermarket accessories and parts are available.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hawks Feather

Another vote for the Ruger 10/22 if you are looking at an auto.  Marlin bolt guns are accurate, but the Ruger has far more after market options.

Jerry

Edit:  Froggie hit the post button a little quicker than I did.

KySongDog

You can't go too far wrong with a Ruger 10/22.   There are lots of accessories out there for them as Hawks Feather said.

If you want to go the 22 magnum route, take a look at the Savage 93F.  It is a bolt action, has the accu-trigger and is very accurate and a good buy I think.

weedwalker

I like the Marlin, my brother likes the Ruger 10/22. They're both good shooters. :yoyo:

pitw

I've had my 10/22 for 36 year's of abuse and is still going strong, if that help's.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

You can do so much with a 10 -22 and parts are easy to get I must agree.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

If you can find a Remington Nylon66.  :thumb2:  He won't have to buy anything after market.  :sarcas3:

KySongDog

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 18, 2008, 11:17:02 AM
If you can find a Remington Nylon66.  :thumb2:  He won't have to buy anything after market.  :sarcas3:

I've got one of those I bought a bazillion years ago.   It is my favorite open sighted .22.  Lightweight and a joy to pack around.   :thumb2:

nailbender

The little browning auto is sweet gun also.

vvarmitr

Semp: I think they are one of the greatest guns ever made. I've owned several, but I'm not much of a 22lr shooter so I would sell 'em of.  :rolleye:   I'm down to two of 'em now.  :doh2:   Should probably pick up a few more. Got Grandkids coming, ya know.  :wink:  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

I had a Browning years ago and had a cheap Weaver scope on it.  After about 5 or 6 shots the scope would be on the ground so I sold it to my barber at the time.  It was one of the cheap Belgium (import) rifles - I wish it were in my gun safe now.  It would probably be worth more than the $90 I sold it for.

Jerry

KySongDog

I took a quick look on gunbroker.com for a Nylon 66 just to see if they had any and the price.   :shck:   I couldn't believe it!   VV ya might want to hang on to those little .22's.   :eyebrow:

Jerry:  Good thing ya rid of that cheap Belgium Browning.  Many years ago I had a Belgium Browning A-5 in 16 ga. I practically gave away just to get rid of it.  Yep, me and you are the smart ones alright.   :doh2:

nailbender

My buddy recently paid 450 I think for a belgium model.  I have a Miroku Jap model  200.  Fun to shoot little guns, just watch out for the hot casings from the bottom eject in your shirtsleeve.

cathryn

ended up getting him a camo Remington model 597.  hes gonna be a happy boy tomorrow.

im gonna make him wait till Christmas evening when Jerry comes down to open it,lol, hes gonna have a fit.

im not even gonna put it under the tree.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

coyote101

I'm sure he'll be a happy young man. Be sure and catch some pictures of the smile.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

I have not personally shot the Remington, but I have a friend here in town that has one an he loves it.  I also agree that we need to see some pictures of the new owner and rifle.

Jerry

cathryn

heres the pic of Daniel and his 22. sorry that its late getting here, ive been sick since 3 in the morning Christmas morning so i been slow getting things done.