• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

high noon fiesty female (pics)

Started by lankrod, January 11, 2009, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankrod

I met Larry today for some calling. We had a bunch of dry stands, ate an early lunch, and started heading back toward his house.

He has been having some car trouble, and we stopped to assess the situation. It looked like we'd better not chance it, and call it an early day - sounded good to me, I had things to do, and was pretty beat. We both looked at each other and said, what do you think - should we try a timber call here? We're all ready stopped anyway.

We walk down a logging trail, paralleling a creek, in a grown up bottom. After a short walk, it makes a sharp 90 degree turn. We're pretty much dead ended. Looks like as good a place as any to give it a whirl.

We take our seats, Larry chooses to watch the far side of the creek. After about 4 minutes, I see a coyote approaching thru the brush. Just as he's getting into range, Larry mutes the call, and the coyote comes to a stop. The coyote's about 50 yard out, and all I can see behind the tree is her butt!

sIt seem like an eternity, but eventually, the caller fires back up. I've got the red dot on the coyote, in case she decides to change direction, but I'm hoping for a full body shot, preferably at 40 yards, or closer. I considered squeaking to bring her closer, but knew the caller would fire up again, and she didn't look like she was going anywhere.

Eventually, she starts ambling my way. At about 30 yards, when I'm just getting ready to shoot, she stops again. Now all I can see is her face, and shoulder, as the rest of her is hidden behind a tree.

I let her rip, and she starts rolling and trying to make a get away. A second shot and she's getting out of range, but not making much headway. The last shot does her in.

She was a really stinky coyote, not well furred, but what's really interesting is her ear. Part of it was bit off at one time in her life. Check out the second picture.

It was a nice end to the weekend. We went out Friday nite, and should have probably had at least 2, maybe three, but managed to connect on one, hunting under a full moon.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

Glad you did one more call?  That's a good story and cool pic's. Thanks
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

Thanks for the story & pix. Sure appreciate 'em! :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Nice! :yoyo:
I almost forgot what you looked like. Haven't seen ya since the Expo

Tell us the truth, you bit the ear off as initiation, didnt ya?  :eyebrow:
Thanks for bringing in the story and pics.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Thanks for the story and pics. Stories and pics get me motivated to get out and do something.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Bills Custom Calls

Thanks for the srory and pics
Way to wait her out,I had the caller stop at the wrong time too,it sure gets intense waiting to for a coyote to move.
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call