• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Showcase AlsCalls .............By AlsCalls

Started by alscalls, March 03, 2009, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

The call is made from Mora......A rabbit squaller 3" tall and drilled 5/8 at the bell

My name is AL Collins, I grew up in west central West Virginia.
At age 14 I got my work permit and started making a living..... trapping and catching snakes on the side for more money.
In 1987 I moved to North eastern Ohio and became a part time steel head and turkey guide in my spare time.....I moved back to WV in 2000.
I have been a hunter all of my life, I am 43 years old and have been making turkey calls since about 1991 I was introduced to Coyote hunting around that same time but the numbers were low. I have been after the coyote since I returned to WV pretty hard......and the only numbers that are low now are mine  :laf:
I also write songs and play guitar........though I have never known what to do with the songs after I write them.  I have been making Coyote calls for almost two years now and deer calls for four. I have been selling them on the net for about a year and I have learned more from the folks on this board than I ever dreamed I could....thanks to all of ya!

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Todd Rahm

Well, welcome to the Showcase Al!!  :congrats: :congrats: And thanks for participating.  :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

I knew you could do it Al Nice looking call  Thanks for stepping up in the Showcase
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Frogman

Nice call Al.  I didn't know all that stuff about you?  Thanks for the nice write up and picture!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

Dammit man!! Did you have to put that picture beside those fancy lookin calls!! I bout blew yesterdays lunch on the keyboard!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nice write up Al!! I like the looks of that call too. I think you make some nice lookin calls & the howler I have from you works easily & sounds good even with me working it.   :yoyo:

It's cool you decided to do the Showcase!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nor-cal yote

Great write up Al, that call is awsome and it sounds great too!
never yell whoa in a horse race

msmith

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

Al,

Glad to see that you are in the showcase.  Nice write up and a call from a wood that I have never turned.  

Jerry

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Silencer

Glad to see the showcase up and running !!!   Didnt know you played some guitar.  I pick a little as well, nothing serious but enough to have fun  :yoyo:

Nice write up Al  :congrats:

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Coulter

Dang, I forgot about the showcase. Way to give it new life Al. I have to agree with HaMeR though...I just finished my lunch man!

I like the style in your calls, they certainly stand out on there own...keep up the great work. Maybe someday I'll try to get in the showcase :innocentwhistle:

Steve

blacky

Not bad my friend, for an ole WV Hillbilly.

Great job Al.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

duckslayer

Great Job AL, and it is nice to see a WV boy in the spot light.  I have learned a lot from you and I am excited about learning more.  You have earned your spot light.
" And have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heavens, and all animals that move upon the earth." Gen 1:28
" He was a mighty hunter before the Lord.  Therefore it is said, even as NIMROD the mighty hunter before the Lord." Gen 10:

alscalls

Thanks fellas!......I did not do the Banner Jimbo likes my face so much he added it :biggrin:  :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

msmith

Quote from: alscalls on March 04, 2009, 01:50:46 PM
Thanks fellas!......I did not do the Banner Jimbo likes my face so much he added it :biggrin:  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Or...maybe he don't like the rest of us.  :innocentwhistle:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

iahntr

^^^^^^ :eyebrownod:      :laf:

Nice job on the showcase Al.
Thanks for sharin with us.
Scott
Scott

Caribou dreamer

now i am honored to say i hunted with a celebrity and had a great t ime .Thanks again Al and nice write up. :yoyo: :yoyo:
Hunt hard stay late and watch your back!

wvhillbillyhowler

Good job buddy thats the way the big boys roll proud of you man :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats: