• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shooting Sticks?

Started by Hidehunter, March 12, 2009, 01:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

I'm shopping for a new set of Shooting Sticks.  Lets here some reviews and recomendations.
Denver                                           

weedwalker

If you're hunting the woods or thicker vegitation like I hunt here in eastern Ky, I prefer the Allen monopod you can get at Wal-Mart for $10. It's a lot easier to swivel around for a quick shot than dual sticks.

Frogman

Quote from: weedwalker on March 12, 2009, 02:43:36 PM
If you're hunting the woods or thicker vegitation like I hunt here in eastern Ky, I prefer the Allen monopod you can get at Wal-Mart for $10. It's a lot easier to swivel around for a quick shot than dual sticks.

+1 on what Ed said!  I have used both and prefer the monopod.  It might not be as steady as a bipod design or crossed shooting sticks, but it makes up for that in versatility.  Seems like none of the dogs i get in ever come right where I expect them.  With the monopod you can swivel around easier for the shot. 

Sometimes I try to set up with a thin sapling just in front of me, then I can lean the monopod against it to make a steadier rest and have the best of both types.

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Yotehntr

I made my own. I like the bipod type, I haven't had any trouble moving them..yet. Usually hear them coming in the woods and move the sticks before their in sight. In a field I just wait till they look off. The ones I made are kind of fancy but you can modify and change them up some. I already had these pics in my photobucket from a long time ago.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

I use Predator Sniper Styx. I've had them for a while and really like them.
But there is some real improvements being made out there and some companies are providing some dandy shooting sticks.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

I have the stoney point pole cat Bi pod and some that I made myself.........if you make the Y wider than normal you can quickly move to one side and rest your hand under the gun for a shot requiring you to turn that far. Of couse my gun is heavy enough I can shoot one handed without dotting my own forhead.......Plus I need em stout enough to double as a walking stick. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

msmith

I don't fool with sticks. Just too much to carry without adding shooting sticks. Most shots around here are >75 yds, so I just use my knee. I can miss just as well this way.  :laf:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori