• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Preymaster help

Started by LORDDAL, May 28, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LORDDAL

Ok startin off I have a Johnny Stewart PM3 and ya'll who know the Preymasters know all about the wire and speaker system what I want to do if I can is find a way to make the whole thing wireless without costing me an arm and a leg I mean heck I only gave 75 bucks for the call I dont want to dish out 2 or 3 hundred to make it wireless or I would just buy another type of E caller is there anything fairly cheap I can buy to make my wired preymaster wireless and I dont need it to work but maybe 50 yards away more is better but if I can get it wireless out to 50 yards it would help any ideas thanks

Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I think by the time it was all said and done you'd have exceeded the costs of buying a wireless outright. Especially considering your time.

I'm no electronics guru, but I'd imagine you'd need an entirely different circuit board, because one reacts from direct electric signals, and you'll need one that responds to radio waves, or infrared.
Then you start all over again doing the same with the remote.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

bigben

you would be better off selling the preymaster for 50 bucks and buying the new wireless preymaster they have out.  I was thinking about buying the new wirless preymaster mainly because the only reason I got away from the preymaster was the wire.  great call that was easy to use.  just hated unrolling the cord and rolling it back up. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

LORDDAL

thanks for the info guys I think I may just hang on to it as is and save up and buy one of the preymaster wireless systems later on
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

BlueDuck

I did just what bigben said.   I sold my PM3 on ebay and bought a new PM4.   I had a lot of sound cards from the first preymaster so it was a logical upgrade.   I like the new unit.