• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

turkey huntin blues

Started by buckcrazy, April 14, 2010, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckcrazy

my season is not off to a good start! first my wife desides she wants to start hunting :congrats: but this also means shell be shooting the first one. so i take her the other morning and call up a nice tom. he gobblin and strutin all the way in. she is in good position for the shot but we got our communications mixed up. i said to raise your gun when he walks behind that big oak, she didnt know which one i ment so she moved. game over hes only 20 yds and seen her move he never got spooked to bad but still got away. next time we tried to sneak in his backdoor but it was already gettin daylight. we were going 10 more yds to set up bang!! busted again  :doh2: he flew off the roost and down the hollar. so me and tnhuntermark go and get rained out now its getting to me what to do next is   the question :confused: so i get up monday morning and slip back up where me and my wife go, 2 birds gobblin their heads off one 75 yds to my left the other 75yds to my right, im thinking its going to happen this morning. it gets daylight and here goes the hens 8 with on 3 with the other thry fly down then the gobblers. after watching them 45 minutes they deside to go up the mountain where i cant, disabled, strutting and gobblin all the way out of sight. 10 mins later i hear a squirrel barkin, i think ones coming back. i turn my head slowly to see a big bobcat sneaking around the hill 30yds from me. too bad saeson wasnt open that would have been too easy. next morning me and mark go again no luck heard 2 on the roost then thet didnt say a thing when they hit the ground. we saw 2 goblers cross the road, 2 big coyotes they both stopped abouy 75 yds and looked at us for 5 minutes as if to say ha ha too bad you got your shotguns,then turned and walked away like nothin happened. oh well thats hunting just starting to get a little flustrating. :madd: maybe some of the hens will start settin before long and they will get a little easier.

alscalls

I deal with new hunters all of the time......... :eyebrownod:  Trick nis to remember the common mistakes and go over them and over them before the hunt.
Sounds like your having fun!   :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Great write up about adventures I can only dream of[except the coyotes of course].  Just think if it all went as planned you'd be done and then there wouldn't be any fun left eh. :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

I think it's cool your Wife wants to start hunting. She'll get the hang of things.  :wink:  Too bad about the other days. You'll have your day to shine I'm sure.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Yeah HaMeR knows what it's like for the wife to steal the show.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

markTNhunter

yea if we would of had the ole .223's those coyotes would be history id say they were turkey hunting too.thats a bad sighn when you see as many coyotes as you do turkeys well have to work on them yotes up there this fall.and guys old buckcrazy will get his gobbler id say he will tag out before the seson is out he's one of the best hunters i know he's killed more gobblers than most hunters see in a lifetime.hang in there mike itll all come together! :yoyo: