• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"Renovations on Hold!" an HH2 Story...

Started by HuntnCarve, May 13, 2010, 03:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I've been a little negligent in the up keep of the Honey Holes, and keeping the weeds down.  This became obvious as I stood looking out the deck door down at HH2.  "Hmm? That brown object looks odd down there?"  A quick scan with the binos confirmed my suspicions.  Through a veil of grass I "ID'd the perp.  "Yep!"  Seems a pasture pig was trying to set up shop and renovate HH2 without said landowners permission!
On my way to the back bedroom (control central), I announced to the wife that there was a groundhog down at the hole.  She feigned interest, and elected to read the mail I had thoughtfully scattered on the table?  I guess after 25 years of marriage she has seen me topple many a rogue varmint...Ah well, it was her loss... :huh:
Silently sliding open the back window, I eased the Ol' Mossberg out onto the sill.  I let out a silent curse when I could not find the target in the scope, but a white field of view???  "Dummy" you need to raise the window a bit more!".. Ah, there he is, giving me the same look the wife's given me a time or twenty when I was up to no good, or when I sorted the mail?...As the crosshairs settled just below his ear, I pressed the trigger...."Plop!"  A direct hit!  The hog gave a spasmodic kick that launched him off the edge of the hole.  Not taking any chances, I smacked him with a second CB to the base of his neck.  “Why did you need two shots?” came the comment from the other room.  "Sheesh!"  Everyone’s a critic now a days!
Well, I’m happy to say that Hog No.4 has been entered on the record books for HH2 this year!  So, until next time…

Dave

A portly, russet male

HaMeR

Quote“Why did you need two shots?”

:confused:

:shrug:

So why did ya??  :alscalls: :alscalls:

I really liked the "white field of view".  :innocentwhistle:

Good shooting once again Dave!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

I will have to get you down to Georgia to go on a Armadillo safari with me , I can just hear the stories now.  :laf:  :laf:  :laf:  :laf:
Now that is a double dead pasture pig. way to go.  :yoyo:  :yoyo: cc

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Inquiring minds do what to know.  Why did it take two shots?  Was one shot not dead enough?  Are you trying to use up all your ammo?  Were you shooting at two and missed one?  Were you checking to see if your wife could count to two?  We are waiting. . . . . . .

Jerry

FOsteology

Schweeeet!

I had forgot about he HH threads. Now I'll have to go back and catch up from the beginning of this years temporary residents...

KySongDog

Two shots!!!  Sacrilege!    Animal cruelty running a muck!    I am calling PETA and the ACLU just as soon as I can dig their numbers out of my garbage can.   :alscalls:

BTW, nice story too.   :laf:

HuntnCarve

Thanks guys! 
Hawk & Semp, this hog was thrashing and carrying on after the first shot.  Actually kicked his way into the pile of branches (see him in the first photo).  Figuring "discretion is the better part of valor", I elected to suppliment his person with an extra lead pill.  If it came down to hand to hand combat in that brush pile, he would have the upper hand.  I was just evening the odds...He might of had an IED rigged up down there too?  -I'd imagine there's a bounty on Ol' HuntnCarves head within the hog community.  Just covering all bases. :innocentwhistle:

Okay, I was really just trying to see if the wife could count..LOL!

Dave

FinsnFur

I missed this one Dave, but I couldnt have found it at a better time. It got my day off to a good start :wink: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Sounds like you sort the mail like I do......... :laf: :laf:  Another great story Dave..........   :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

shaddragger

Quote from: HuntnCarve on May 15, 2010, 05:26:14 AM
Figuring "discretion is the better part of valor", I elected to suppliment his person with an extra lead pill.  If it came down to hand to hand combat in that brush pile, he would have the upper hand.  I was just evening the odds...He might of had an IED rigged up down there too?  -I'd imagine there's a bounty on Ol' HuntnCarves head within the hog community.  Just covering all bases. :innocentwhistle:

Dave

:alscalls: If it's gonna be you or him, don't quit shootin' till the whole things done!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen