• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sunset in the corn.

Started by nastygunz, August 14, 2010, 01:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Nice, I like the fact the corn is in the foreground. It give the picture a lot of depth.

FinsnFur

That is friggin awesome.
Thats one of your better shots right there :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Yeah, that's a pretty cool pic right there !  :yoyo:
Scott

coyotehunter_1

Good capture, defiantly a keeper!!!
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

pitw

Nice pic again Nasty :congrats:.  Could you do one of the corn with something for height :wink:. Please. :bowingsmilie:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Thanks gents...Ill do a height check in the morn...something about corn fields...when I was a kid growing up in VT we used to play our version of "war"...pick teams and each go to an end of a huge corn field then head into the corn to do battle, clubs, wrestling, "apple" sticks, you sharpen a stick about 3 feet long then use it to launch wild apples at the enemy...whoever got to the end of the field of the enemy and kicked over a sap bucket their team won...pretty exciting stuff really...nowadays they sissified the sport and call it "paint balling"...we used to beat the hell out of each other  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Pitw heres an idea of the corn height....I took this today, if you look right in the middle of the pic theres a big doe with her head right up looking right at me...and then see how high the corn is over her head.

pitw

So if the deer is 4' that corn is what 10-12 feet.  What's with the short corn :confused:.  Thanks :bowingsmilie:.

nastygunz

Thet corn has alot of growing to do :wink:....heavy rains for tomorrow and monday, probably be 16-20 feet in 3 days...the deer might be 4-6 inches taller too depending on how heavy the rain is  :biggrin:

pitw

I saw Sorghum in Australia that was 15' but I sure ain't seen corn like that.  Up here where it's a fairly new crop the highest I've seen is 10' at most. 

nastygunz

I was joking about the 20 feet but it will grow quite a bit more...that field they let grow and then wait until the whole plant is dead and dry then they thresh that field and blow the kernels into trucks...the plants in the field in front of the deer are a hybrid grass they grow for cattle feed and the corn on the left of the grass they cut for silage...interestingly the deer like the stuff that grows in between the field edges more then the stuff in the fields themselves....when they thresh that field they lose alot on the ground especially when they corner and the place is packed with deer, turkeys,etc who hit the corn spills.